April 28, 2024, 10:07:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How do we use Ver 2 external audio inputs?  (Read 8823 times)

Krusty

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
How do we use Ver 2 external audio inputs?
« on: August 25, 2004, 02:46:11 pm »
Please post instrucion on how to use the new version 2 audio inputs and the new modules...Also can we order the version 2 full printed manual from the store without the cd rom?

Hotrock

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2004, 06:18:04 pm »
Damn good question, the template suggests that it uses its own modules but that doesn't make sense. External means vocals or another synth etc doesn't it?
Excellent job though guys, have a drink on me!
I read once about the evils of drink.
So I've stopped reading

Hotrock

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2004, 06:18:19 pm »
Damn good question, the template suggests that it uses its own modules but that doesn't make sense. External means vocals or another synth etc doesn't it?
Excellent job though guys, have a drink on me!
I read once about the evils of drink.
So I've stopped reading

Anonymous

A little light on the mystery.
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2004, 06:40:26 pm »
I know that if I use MMV 2 in Cakewalk SONAR 3 as an effects processor in the audio channel of a source, not as a separate midi instrument, then MMV 2 somehow knows where to pick up the external sound from.  There is an unfortunate side issue in that when I use MMV 2 in this way, there is no way to tell the MMV 2 instance where to pick up MIDI instructions from.

This whole scenario seems to reflect an architectural hole in music software in general.  In a perfect world, SONAR would be able to see virtual audio channels offered as devices by MMV 2 and use them as it would use the audio channels provided by the sound card driver.  The programming costs of this I suspect would be big.

I hope that I am mistaken about this and that someone offers a better solution in the forum.

David Olive

Neil C

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2004, 12:46:25 pm »
I really want to know the answer to this.
I've tried connecting the external inputs to the outputs and to the filters and I've had sound coming into my soundcard (both in stand alone mode and as a vst plug-in)- but no sound comes out of the MMV.
It seems extraordinary to me that Arturia lists 'New Audio-In possibilities' in the new feature list, but doesn't actually tell you how to use them. I've seen a magazine advert that says 'Audio In - This allows the Mg V filters to be used with any external audio input'    HOW!

I'd really love to be able to use the MMV like an insert effect in Cubase ( so I could use the filters phaser and chorus as vst effects).

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2004, 06:00:09 pm »
I looked through the version 2 manual and could not seem to find out how either...

I assume I overlooked it...?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines