April 28, 2024, 05:35:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Still Losing Controller Assigns?!?!  (Read 4284 times)

charliec

Still Losing Controller Assigns?!?!
« on: September 01, 2004, 11:31:54 pm »
Okay, after more than a year of owning Modular V and not being able to use it AT ALL for anything other than listening to presets and casually making one dinky sound, I am getting EXTREMELY pissed that ModV will NEVER remember MIDI controller assignments inside Logic Pro on Mac.

This is not a small issue, Arturia!  The software is USELESS unless it remembers these assignments.  

I waited a year, foolishly assuming that this was a problem with Logic, or something to be addressed in 2.0.

That kind of QC may be okay for the bedroom/laptop guys, but this will never fly in my world.

If the problem lies on Logic's side, ascertain why and develop a workaround; if it's on your side, get to work.

Fix it now.  The software is useless to me otherwise.

- Charlie Clouser (nine inch nails keyboardist, hardware Mg owner since 1979)
Using MMV and MiniV in CoreAudio on G5 dual 2gHz 3gigRAM panther 10.3.5 under Logic Pro 6.4.2.  No TDM.  MOTU PCI-424 audio and PowerCore PCI.

Hotrock

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2004, 11:07:05 pm »
I have found that politeness goes a long way in life. People that rant and rave and are generally obnoxious, generally get what they deserve. Nothing!
Admittedly, a rant may get some frustration out of your system but it should be reserved until all other avenues have been followed and found to be fruitless. Lets face it, if someone comes to you with an attitude, what would your reaction be?
I read once about the evils of drink.
So I've stopped reading

thracks

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2004, 06:05:41 am »
Yo Charlie, What's up? I'm just curious if this is still a problem with the latest version of Logic, version 7 I believe?

When you say remember MIDI controller assignments, do you mean globally, or project specific. I use Digital Performer, which has used a more current version of the Apple AU spec. (maybe not so with version 7 of Logic). MMV has to be set up every time I start a new project, but it does remember settings for specific projects.

I'd prefer the way the GMedia impOSCar works. You can set up multiple .plist files with all your controller assignments, just drag & drop and your in business.
G5 Dual 2.3
OS 10.4.8
Digital Performer 5.11
Live 6.05
MMV 2.0
ARP 2600V
2408 MK3/MK1 PCI 424

rictheobscene

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • http://www.ghettoanalogue.com
Re: Still Losing Controller Assigns?!?!
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2004, 08:56:51 pm »
Quote from: "charliec"
That kind of QC may be okay for the bedroom/laptop guys, but this will never fly in my world.

If the problem lies on Logic's side, ascertain why and develop a workaround; if it's on your side, get to work.

Fix it now.  The software is useless to me otherwise.

- Charlie Clouser (nine inch nails keyboardist, hardware Mg owner since 1979)

One question, if the problem is on Logic's side, why can't Logic fix it?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines