April 27, 2024, 10:27:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Origin fairy: "Only one wish allowed"  (Read 7515 times)

kidharpoon

Re: Origin fairy: "Only one wish allowed"
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2011, 12:42:37 pm »
To be honest, my main wish would be for Arturia to hurry the fuck up with their updates. Mg and J8 templates since release is poor showing for a flagship product.

smoo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2011, 04:39:01 pm »
+1: Make sequencer knobs assignable to non-seq events, so you have more knob capability

Because this would solve the biggest (by far) problem of the origin:

This is also the answer why the presets are that bad: Tey do not make the use of several minor modulations. If you could use more than the 8 assignable knobs and use the 16 pots of the sequencer, this would be much better: You woul have the space for: 16 modulation-amounts, for example, (additional) 8 LFO amounts, 4 EG-amounts and 4 others. THIS is why synthesizers come to life. To put those modulations now, it is necessary to dig into the edit-page, into the module, then search the modulation on the target. This is WAY too much butten-pressing and the reason why the presets are so bad - the simply do not take the advantage of many minor modulations at the same time.

smoo

OlDirtyPastor

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Www.soundcloud.com/freelovefla
    • Www.facebook.com/freeloveassociation
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2011, 05:55:01 am »
Hmmm where do I start. Well obviously more synth legends presets. No offense but when I bought this $3000 synth I figured the company would release updates (presets) a little more often then a few times a year. I'm not the kind of player that relies on presets, but its nice to have them. And that was a selling point for Arturia if memory serves me right. Now were seeing updates for the Spark and part of me wonders why Arturia hasn't given us more percussive sound banks. I mean seems very feasible right? Oh but then what would be the point in buying the Spark... I get it. Okay well there's one wish.

Oh and I know the rule is "Only one wish", but what the heck here's a second one. If someone else feels my pain maybe they can list it. FINE TUNING THE BPM. Talk about an overlooked detail. I was really hoping to be able to sync my synth to whatever reading I was getting from my deck (at least the closest as I could). So yeah there goes that, and It makes no sense to me because as you can see from the screen it reads such as 128.0 bpm, so yeah why even include the decibel if you can't fine tune into the tenths.

All I can say is I love my Origin, but I am disappointed in the lack of updates. For the money I spent I just don't feel like I'm getting my monies worth. And judging from the lack of activity in the message boards I'd say I'm not the only one.
My love doesn't cost a thing -
Www.soundcloud.com/freelovefla

An.unna.kid

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2011, 11:26:42 am »
I feel your pain too.
At least give us what they promised! The CS80 and the ARP 2600 templates and we will shut up. I don't care if we have to wait for the Oberheim as it was never promised but c'mon... 2.500 Euros and no VSTi plugin??

I'm fairly disappointed about the updates but the synth is a game changer, for sure. I have Analog Factory and Spark too and those works as promised, why not ORIGIN!? this is after all your flagship synth?

Be better Arturia, your honor is at stake.

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2011, 06:19:13 pm »
Agreed. I've have played both Korg Kronos and Roland Jupiter 80, which both were kind of challengers to Origin: those two have their analog emulations and big color touch screens (and LOT of stuff that Origin does not have). But after short test period I can say that I like Origin concept much better; it goes so much deeper in this analog emulation (which is not of  course any surprise). Having Origin (together with my Nords), I don't even consider these new rivals. Origin has very well though GUI, very intuitive design, very nice basic sound (effects like reverb could be better!) and in one word: very unique and inspiring concept! So I'd say that Origin is still on the top of the game!

But like others said, everything is happening painfully slow. With this thread I wanted to give Arturia a perspective what kind of priorities different people have: what is the most urgent thing to fix or add to Origin? I think all of us can easily write ten to twenty things to improve... But if I had to choose one, I'd still say it's about computer integration: Origin needs better Editor/Plugin/Librarian -software. While Origin works great on stage (I use it almost every week!), most of us are using it in our computer environment. In my home studio I don't have very good physical access to its buttons; I'd really like to have an option to see it in bigger screen and edit it with mouse. Also I'd like to have much better sound library software. ( Let's say that this is just one wish ;) )

BTW I also have Spark which is developing quite fast (compared to O): Arturia is giving us nice sound banks and updates quite often. In Spark Forum I have spoken about better integration of different Arturia products. I'd really like to see the day when I could control Origin with Spark (let Spark step sequencer play Origin for example), or vica versa: play Spark drums with Origin sequencer.. IMO it would be a wise business move from Arturia to make their products work nicely together.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 06:47:37 pm by JacksonP »

u.n.i.t.e.d

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2011, 01:12:56 pm »
Prophet 5 Osc. and filter+Oberheim Sem Osc and filter!!!!!!!!!

eckart

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2011, 08:49:01 pm »

Is it possible that we wil see a korg ms-10 emulation inside the origin someday?
That would be my wish.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines