April 27, 2024, 09:43:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Update 1.5 ETA?  (Read 2149 times)

kidharpoon

Update 1.5 ETA?
« on: March 21, 2011, 01:07:11 am »
Any idea if this has a rough date yet?

Or any hints/rumors as to whats on its way in this and future updates.....

synthguy99

Re: Update 1.5 ETA?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 12:01:04 am »
Not to sound like a whiner or anything myself, but I am hoping that SPARK or whatever it is, isn't holding up the Origin team any.  Hopefully, the ARP 2600 is going to be easy to code, though I am curious as to how the patch routing is going to work.  And then of course, I'm waiting anxiously for the CS-80, even though my scratch built "template" does a pretty good job.  I hope to see that by this fall... *hope hope hope*

I'd like to throw out my petition for these modules once again:

• Prophet 5 OSCs and VCFs, which I'd love to see released by this summer
  • An announcement of... dare I say it, OBERHEIM OSCs and VCFs from the 8 Voice SEM modules, as well as the Matrix-12

I don't suppose anyone in Arturia is hot to get on these?  Mebbe?  Pleeeze?  ;D
One day, I want my keyboard studio to be a synth museum like Hans Zimmer's

p.s.  PRAY FOR THIS PLANET!!

Superwaldi

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 07:41:19 am »
Well, if it will be in FW 1.5, I am not sure about, but following features are promised:

- VST-Integration
- more FX
- more modules
- more templates (Arp2600, Prophet 5, CS-80)

These things were promised at the time I have bought the Origin. Now, I see that some of these promised just disappeared from the official sources. I wonder, what this means... However, I made copies of this before.

Again I have to claim about these promises and the timeline. I was really shocked as Arturia people argued that spark is drawing many ressources and that it is needed to crossfinance Origin's progress.

Me personally would like to see more modules and FX, and a better/faster Origin connection software at first stage...

kidharpoon

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 03:43:44 pm »
I was hoping an Arturia programmer would post here saying...

"we're working on it, not long now...etc"

guessing they're waiting for downtime to work on our machines.

:'(

Still love this baby, but I think it needs the promised elements and a little more on top to really complete the package.

Ability to create User Gui in Origin connection (basically, user templates) would really take this up a level for me. I'm a bit simple and love a good look/feel. At the moment, my templates feel more like patches (which they are).

Find myself starting from scratch when making a sound, or using the Mg/J8 Temps, as opposed to using the instruments I've made myself. Think it would be different if they were actual templates, cos I'd design them for a purpose and they'd be visually different.

Maybe this could be done in the VST/AU integration, so you can create User GUI/Templates in the software.

Just a thought.

Hoping that this will inspire one of the French Wizards to get programming.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines