May 02, 2024, 12:20:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Question about 1.3.23  (Read 2964 times)

Syndromeda

Question about 1.3.23
« on: February 05, 2011, 02:12:36 pm »
1.3.23 seems to run stable here, finally.
But I still think you should think about a user soundbank.
At the moment I really don't see anymore which soundbanks are in the update and which are not. I have all the downloadable soundbanks ready but some of them (for instance the Pink Floyd soundbank) seems to come within the new update. This all is very unclear and maybe it's not bad to list which presets (from which composer) are in which update (you could mention it in the download preset page). If now I put all the soundbanks in my Origin, I end up with having a lot of double programs.
Please make this clear and give me a user soundbank which will not change with each update.
Anyway....fine job this 1.3!
Regards,
Syndromeda
Life is music and music is life.

Superwaldi

Re: Question about 1.3.23
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 02:35:03 pm »
Same here. May the Arturia people can reconsider my points.

First of all I would like to see to divide the Updates into Firmwareupdates and new Soundbanks. That would give me a better overview.

Moreover to give me the choice to delete/overwrite the presets 1-400 would be recommended.

The presetmanager in Origin Connect should get some filters as well.

After updating to 1.3 this morning I am messed up with my sounds the soundbanks and the new presets. I run out of space and seeing many doubles here.

Origin runs stable here - even trying hard to crash it down by sending many midi messages parallel from Cubase, a MPC and a keyboard. Also knob behavior seems to be improved. Thumbs up.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 06:58:58 pm by Superwaldi »

synthguy99

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 05:52:05 pm »
Very good suggestions.  Frankly, I think the Arturia sounds and presets should go in the upper registers, leaving the first few hundred patch slots open for user patches, but oh well.  I'm still a bit lost on how you do favorites.  Is this a good workaround?  Does this only apply to multis, or does it include patches too?
One day, I want my keyboard studio to be a synth museum like Hans Zimmer's

p.s.  PRAY FOR THIS PLANET!!

Syndromeda

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 11:53:25 am »
Please reply Mr. Moderators, or is this not important enough?
The preset configuration is just a mess - but the Origin RULES :-)
Regards,
Danny

Philippe

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 12:18:28 pm »
It is very important. We don't answer yet because we still have to decide the exact content of the next update. The preset management is one of the main points we have to make decision on. So your remarks on this forum are indeed extremely useful.
Origin Lead  Developer

Syndromeda

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 01:38:41 pm »
Thanks for the answer Philwick. Sometimes, just letting people know that you're investigating the problem, is enough to let them know you care about your customers - nothing more than a simple word will do the trick ;-)
Regards,
Danny

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines