April 29, 2024, 10:10:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Request: Auto-Connect Module Tab  (Read 2786 times)

kidharpoon

Request: Auto-Connect Module Tab
« on: December 30, 2010, 03:31:30 am »
I can't seem to find this, so I'm presuming its not already a feature, but loading modules then entering into each one and setting the input/output connections is a bit tedious. It would be good if there was a button to "connect to next module" or "connect all modules" to save this time. Obviously if you wanted to rewire in a crazy way, it would still be possible.

I'm a songwriter, so sometimes need to create things quickly on the fly and keep the momentum of a session going.

If there's already the possibility to do this, excuse my ignorance, but please let me know.

IAA

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Request: Auto-Connect Module Tab
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 09:21:10 am »
Hi,
Auto connect is a setting in the settings page, and when it's set to ON, origin makes the most vital connections, have you checked this?

kidharpoon

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 12:59:06 pm »
Great. Will let you know how I get on.

Incidentally, is this in any of the manuals? Couldn't see it.

IAA

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 06:08:49 pm »
Hi,

Page 53 on v 1.2.5 manual.

Cheers

kidharpoon

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 11:14:16 am »
Sorry, been away from my Origin for a bit so only got to try this out yesterday.

Still getting my head round it, but it turns out I had the Auto-Connect feature on. It seems to make some connections, but every set-up still requires me to configure the majority of outputs/inputs. Obviously this is fine for experimenting, but when you need to be quick its quite annoying.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Ideally, I'd open up a Keyboard Follow, a couple of OSCs, a filter, envelope, and outputs/mixer, and the origin would automate the connections. Its not doing this at present.

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 05:51:34 pm »
you know, i think it's the concept of this synth: making your own connections between modules, if everything is done for you, well, origin is like any synths. Maybe you should use the miniMg and the JP8 template (waiting for the others on next updates), all the connections are already done you just have to turn the knobs !  ;)

kidharpoon

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 03:05:32 pm »
Yep thats what I'm thinking, then spend a few days creating my own templates/presets.

Loving it.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines