April 27, 2024, 08:04:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: TAE introduces LFO-like volume variations  (Read 2061 times)

kokocalamar

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
TAE introduces LFO-like volume variations
« on: September 30, 2010, 10:21:57 am »
I've discovered that when using TAE on a MiniMg sound, it introduces LFO-like variations in volume, and it increases as you play higher notes.

I realise that TAE is supposed to make the sound more analogue-like and less "perfect", and I was just wondering if it's supposed to alter the sound in the way I just described.

I'm curiouse as to why the LFO-like frequency is different across the keyboard range.

Thanks.

Superwaldi

Re: TAE introduces LFO-like volume variations
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 10:27:49 am »
It also adds noise to filters... Even if Filters have no input at all, what means there should be perfect silence.

If you turn up TAE to maximum and press keys on your keyboard the noise level differs. I claimed about this problem and it should be fixed with next update.

It doesn't effect anything, but it is completely unlogically, therefore I asked about it some time ago.

Whatever... I like the TAE making the sound less perfect.

kokocalamar

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: TAE introduces LFO-like volume variations
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 01:05:48 pm »
I absolutely agree, I love what TAE does to the sound, it's very pleasing to the ear.

But I'm not sure if the LFO-like variations are supposed to mimic the original synths, or if it's an error in the programming. Maybe Philip could explain?..

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines