April 28, 2024, 12:32:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MiniMg template portamento?  (Read 2215 times)

FlowerP

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
MiniMg template portamento?
« on: February 19, 2011, 10:31:29 am »
Hi! I'm a new Origin user. Using OS 1.3.23. Actually, I bought my Origin 9 months ago when a national retailer sold a few units for around half the usual amount. Due to previous OS issues, I've waited for 1.3 and now it is finally ready. Now I've begun testing sound programming on the Origin. I'll post various issues here as I encounter them.

My first question is about the portamento used in the MiniMg template. It seems to be constant time rather than constant rate. A real MiniMg uses the latter. Is there a setting to change this or is it a bug?

FlowerP

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: MiniMg template portamento?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 12:38:35 pm »
Oh, I found the setting for constant rate glide on the program page (Portam. 2).  :)

But the portamento time knob becomes portamento speed in this mode, so turning the knob clockwise increases glide speed, i.e. decreases glide time. In order to emulate a MiniMg the knob should control glide time/octave (or any arbitrary interval) instead of glide rate. Furthermore, even the fastest rate corresponds to a rather long glide time and the glide rate resolution is too low at high rates, i.e. short glide times.  :(

synthguy99

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 06:10:07 pm »
A agree that the constant speed portamento is too slow, and I wish the knob wasn't backwards.  On my updated Origin, the MiniMg template is also too quiet.
One day, I want my keyboard studio to be a synth museum like Hans Zimmer's

p.s.  PRAY FOR THIS PLANET!!

FlowerP

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 11:07:40 pm »
With the Fine button active (which I just discovered) the glide knob resolution in Portamento 2 mode is quite sufficient except for at maximum speed (i.e. shortest glide time) where the difference to glide off is very obvious.

And the reverse glide knob behaviour in Portamento 2 mode is of course generally irritating.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines