April 29, 2024, 03:41:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Preset compatibility with software products?  (Read 2557 times)

holografique

Preset compatibility with software products?
« on: July 14, 2010, 02:01:40 am »
Im sure this has probably been asked before, but couldn't find any posts addressing it.

In the current Origin OS version, can you pull over preset files from the software products and load them into the Origin?

this would be great for instance when I prefer to program a sound on the Mg Modular / Arp 2600 using the software GUI, and then offload those sounds to the Origin.

thanks!

-o

holografique

Re: Preset compatibility with software products?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 06:30:19 am »
nevermind, I think I've already answered my own question. Looking at the list of available modules for the Origin, I don't see how it would be possible with many important and unique modules in the ModularV / Arp2600V not there. For example the great spring reverb of the Arp2600V, etc. etc.

Superwaldi

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 07:20:39 am »
The Origin is not a hardware host for Arturia plug-ins. It comes with an own OS.

The modules reflect the experience of the Arturia crew, but are not same as in the software. The Origin is much more versatible and complex. It offers a modular complex structure.

holografique

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 05:56:18 am »
The Origin is not a hardware host for Arturia plug-ins. It comes with an own OS.

The modules reflect the experience of the Arturia crew, but are not same as in the software. The Origin is much more versatible and complex. It offers a modular complex structure.

yes, I understand what it does, although I wouldn't necessarily it is more versatile or complex. it is just versatile and complex in a very different way. The software products are very powerful and obviously offer things the Origin CANNOT do.

however, being that it is based on the TAE engine, I would have to assume they are using similar code-base between the Intel CPU based products and the DSP based products of the Origin. The available templates are proof of this. And isn't there a planned release of an Arp2600 template? I would have to think they would include the reverb in this template since that reverb is such a crucial component to the original Arp2600 sound...

-o

tomeso

• Beta-testers
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 11:37:14 am »
Hi,
from what  know, you cannot easily exchange or swap code between an Intel processor and a TS DSP, so all code had to be re-written. All templates, the MiniMg and the upcoming others just look like the VST instruments, but they do not share identical code.

Cheers

Frank
"But please don't listen to me
I've already been poisoned by this industry!"
Funk Pop a Roll - XTC

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines