April 16, 2024, 11:07:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: 1.2.1 is back  (Read 3375 times)

Philippe

1.2.1 is back
« on: May 19, 2010, 06:27:30 pm »
OK, OK...

What happened to the 1.2.1 is the result of a small misunderstanding between different people here at Arturia. We apologize for this. The 1.2.1 will be available again tomorrow morning. There will be a new version, named 1.2.5 available in around 2 weeks. It will include 2 more fixes that were too late for the 1.2.1:
1- Add the possibility to load a preset for a slot within a MULTI preset. This "slot" preset can be loaded either manually, or as a consequence of a MIDI program change targeted at the slot "control" channel (the global channel being the one to use for other program changes, ie SINGLE or full MULTI).
2- fix a possible audio crash when adding connections to a preset (SINGLE or MULTI) when notes have been played before. Until now the work around was to press the PANIC switch regularly while editing.

Another feature should be added. Using Origin Connection you'll be able to upload a log file that contains different traces updated when the DSPs crash. These logs will help us to better understand what went wrong inside the machine, and therefore should enable us to provide a more and more reliable OS in the future.
Origin Lead  Developer

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
Re: 1.2.1 is back
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 06:51:32 pm »
phil,

i installed the 1.2.1 yesterday when the file was available. should i update again tomorrow or will it be the same file ?

thanx

Philippe

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 07:09:55 pm »
No need, same file.
Origin Lead  Developer

n1nj4

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 01:53:30 am »
The 1.2.1 will be available again tomorrow morning. There will be a new version, named 1.2.5 available in around 2 weeks.

Do either of the updates fix the low volume bug or voice stealing clicks?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 03:01:12 am by n1nj4 »

Philippe

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 07:45:43 am »
Do either of the updates fix the low volume bug

The volume is higher with 1.2.1. We may add some more tweaking to this aspect into the coming 1.2.5.

or voice stealing clicks?

1.2.5 fixes clicks that happen when a new preset is loaded while notes are sounding.

The clicks due to voice stealing cannot be fixed until some other work currently under progress is finished. As I said in another post, someone here is working on the CPU optimization. This optimization will lead to a siginificant increase of the polyphony and therefore will lower the number of voice stealing occurence, which is the main cause of these clicks.

I cannot tell you today if these optimizations will be added to the 1.5. It surely would be a very nice enhancement, but it requires some reworking of the part of the DSPs OS which deals with voice management, and hence could be in contradiction with our current 1.5 delivery schedule.
Origin Lead  Developer

n1nj4

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2010, 08:00:39 am »
Do either of the updates fix the low volume bug

The volume is higher with 1.2.1. We may add some more tweaking to this aspect into the coming 1.2.5.

I'm not noticing an increase in volume with 1.2.1. Why not revert back to the significantly higher gain of 1.0.7? I'm at a loss.

Philippe

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2010, 09:03:32 am »
I'm not noticing an increase in volume with 1.2.1

Hmmmmh. I had a feedback of 2 other persons telling me that he output level seems higher. I'll double check that.

Why not revert back to the significantly higher gain of 1.0.7? I'm at a loss.

We changed this because we had negative feedback about frequent clipping with the 1.0.7 gain.

We'll have a look at this I'll keep you informed of what we may do for the 1.2.5.
Origin Lead  Developer

synthguy99

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2010, 11:48:46 am »
I'd rather control the volume myself and have some headroom.  I hope the clipping isn't because the output DACs are wimpy, but rather because people can't control the urge to push the volume all the way in their patches.  I have to add about 40db of gain on my mixer.  Thank heaven it's a good one.  ;)

I'm hopeful that the full 1.5 OS isn't delayed too much, because I'm really looking forward to that CS-80 template, but I know these things can't be rushed.
One day, I want my keyboard studio to be a synth museum like Hans Zimmer's

p.s.  PRAY FOR THIS PLANET!!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines