April 27, 2024, 10:42:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Jupiter 8V -2 dongle free ?  (Read 2143 times)

gutza63

Jupiter 8V -2 dongle free ?
« on: March 17, 2010, 12:36:26 pm »
HELLO ,
I HAVE A QUESTION.I AM WORKING ON A MAC OS 10.4.  I JUST UPDATED MY JUPITER TO  8V-2 . IS IT POSSIBLE TO MOVE MY E-LICENCER TO MY COMPUTER ,SO I DONT HAVE TO CARRIE THE DONGLE ALL THE TIME WITH ME ? THIS WAS POSSIBLE WITH ANALOG FACTORY EXPERIENCE.

Sabatini

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Jupiter 8V -2 dongle free ?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 06:05:38 pm »
Hi,

great, that your V 2.0 is running, not at me.

If you do not want to carry the dongle with, so
you can use the soft eLicenser. Install it on you Computer, or maybe it is unrecognized alrady installed from your Analog Factory??

You can move your licenses now from the Hardware Key to the Soft eLicenser due to drag and drop to the Computer.
It might be a good idea, if you are having a notebook only, carry with you, always.

I THINK - hope I am right. I never tried it, but in this way its written and it should work.
The arturia license management is - a good idea, when it works, but sometimes really a fxxxing bitch.
If you have managed one license well, and you think now the others work same way - forget it.
I have several instruments and the License grap made me always spending hours.
Only due to the fact, that
Arturia changed the workflows a plenty of times -  poor thing.

Toni

Antoine

Re: Jupiter 8V -2 dongle free ?
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 10:08:06 am »
For both historical and technical reasons, if you have a former 1.x version shipped with the USB-eLicenser dongle, you cannot transfer the license on a virtual dongle (Soft-eLicenser).
ex-Arturian

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines