April 28, 2024, 06:30:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Cannot get AF transferred to our new iMac  (Read 3220 times)

dougbee256

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Cannot get AF transferred to our new iMac
« on: November 14, 2009, 12:11:40 am »
I've been working with Antoine all week trying to get AF moved from my old iMac to my new one, but to no avail. Here's my story:

Our studio iMac (2007 24" model) died last week. We brought it to the Apple Store, they said it would take 7-10 days to get it fixed, my wife said "No way!" We bought the new 27" iMac and I transferred all of my software via Time Machine. AF will not boot up because the eLicenser key is no longer valid, which makes sense. I created a support ticket and Antoine replied, telling me how to correct the problem.

... except it doesn't work. I still no show no valid eLicense, so I can't activate AF on my new iMac. This is the main process that we've tried:

Please delete these files:

/Library/Application Support/ -> Syncrosoft (the whole folder)
/Library/Application Support/ -> Syncrosoft Soft-eLicenser (the whole
folder) -> Skip this step if the file can not be found!
/Library/Receipts/ -> LCC.pkg
/Library/Receipts/ -> NOS.pkg
/Library/Receipts/ -> POS.pkg
/Library/Receipts/ -> SyncrosoftLicenseControl.pkg

- empty the trashcan (Mac)

- install the newest update for AF

- now install the latest Syncrosoft License Control Center version....

- after installing the latest eLCC version, open a "terminal"-window (this can be found under Applications, Utitlities, Terminal) Leave the terminal window up.

- Open a new finder window, go to /Library/Application Support/Syncrosoft/pos/ ->Synsopos

- Ctrl click on the Synsopos (not the one with bundle) and select "Show Package Contents" then double click on Contents, and then MacOS.

- drag the Synsopos file and drop it into the "terminal" - window -> This adds the complete path to the file to the command prompt

- To create the new SeL, in the terminal type: "-RegSeL"

- a valid command line should look like this now:

~user$/Library/Application Support/Syncrosoft/pos/Synsopos.app/Contents/MacOS/Synsopos
-RegSeL

notice there is a space between the path/filename and the "-RegSeL" option.

- press [ENTER], this will create the SeL. When this is complete you will see this message: "Synsopos SeL initialisation finished (errorcode: 0)"

When I follow this procedure I get "Synsopos SeL initialisation finished (errorcode: 2)."  I then open eLCC and it shows me having no elicenses, so I can't activate AF.

If I copy SeLicenser.sel from my old iMac and then run the -RegSel procedure, I get
"Synsopos SeL initialisation finished (errorcode: 0)" I thought it might be fixed, but it still shows my old eLicenser, which of course is deactivated. If I run eLCC, it tells me that my eLicenser needs to be repaired. I click on "Repair" - it tries to fix it, then comes back with this message:

"The Soft-eLicenser could not be repaired, because a "Soft-eLicenser Repair Permission" is required.

Please contact the software vendor the license(s) inside your Soft-eLicenser were obtained from, to ask for a "Soft-eLicenser Repair Permission" which allows repairing your Soft-eLicenser."

Has anyone here had Arturia support do a Repair Permission? Has anyone here heard of the Soft eLicenser Renewal tool for the Mac? I was able to find it for the PC. If neither of those options are possible, should I go ahead and buy a USB-eLicenser and transfer my license from my old iMac? I got it back from the shop yesterday and AF works perfectly on it. We use AF in our studio and it would be a big inconvenience not to have it available to our clients. We'll be selling the old iMac to help pay for the new one, so I need to get this handled ASAP.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Doug
Rockit Juice Audio

dougbee256

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Cannot get AF transferred to our new iMac
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 02:36:42 pm »
I decided that it was time to order a Steinberg Key. I'll transfer the license to it and see what happens.  ;)

Antoine

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 03:18:42 pm »
If any issue, let me know through the regular Tech Support channel.  ;)
ex-Arturian

dougbee256

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 05:47:38 pm »
Thanks Antoine, I will do that.

I figured that we were spending a lot of time trying to fix this, when the obvious thing to do was to get a Key so I can move the software easily to the new iMac. It should be here by the end of the week, hopefully I will only be reporting on the success  ;D

dougbee256

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 06:24:25 pm »
License transferred successfully, AF plays on the new system but it doesn't respond to any MIDI keyboard, even tho they are set as active in the Audio/MIDI prefs. Both keyboards (an Alesis and the AFE keyboard) both work with other soft synths. I have sent a Tech Support request.

-Doug

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines