April 27, 2024, 09:44:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Some news about Update 1.1  (Read 9874 times)

Philippe

Re: Some news about Update 1.1
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2010, 08:58:11 pm »
After rebooting there is NO sound at all, but a reset will solve this problem.

If that happens try to turn the 2 upper left volume knobs (output and headphone).

And while sending midi information from a basic keyboard after a random short period the device freezes.

What is freezing? The UI? The audio?

Check if there is no MIDI loop in your settings.

If you could record the MIDI at the THRU socket of your Origin and send me the MIDI file it would help to understand what's going wrong.

Thanks
Origin Lead  Developer

Raoul

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2010, 09:20:52 pm »
1/
Turning the volume knobs will not solve the issue, there is no audio on the output jacks whether the position of those knobs. After rebooting the audio is fine (without turning the volume knobs).

2/
By freezing I mean the audio stops working. The display and knobs are still OK and functional.

3/
I was using the Analog Factory midi keyboard, straight connected with a single and short midi cable, so there was no chance to create a loop.

Philippe

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2010, 10:10:23 pm »
Did it happened just after the reboot following the update?

Do you still have that behavior and if yes how often?
Origin Lead  Developer

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2010, 10:40:07 pm »

2/
By freezing I mean the audio stops working. The display and knobs are still OK and functional.

3/
I was using the Analog Factory midi keyboard, straight connected with a single and short midi cable, so there was no chance to create a loop.

2/ you really have no chance, it happens to me only once after a long period of beta testing.

3/ do you have the usb plugged and a DAW running ?

Raoul

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2010, 11:51:03 am »
Did it happened just after the reboot following the update?

Do you still have that behavior and if yes how often?

It happens mostly when the Origin is switched off for a longer time.

Raoul

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2010, 11:55:23 am »

2/

3/

2/ you really have no chance, it happens to me only once after a long period of beta testing.

3/ do you have the usb plugged and a DAW running ?

No the midi keyboard is only connected by a DIN 5P midi cable. Nor on the keyboard neither on the Arturia the USB is connected to a DAW or something else.

Philippe

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2010, 03:05:33 pm »
After rebooting there is NO sound at all, but a reset will solve this problem.
And while sending midi information from a basic keyboard after a random short period the device freezes.

Raoul, I just had a discussion with our hardware engineer here about your problem. It appears that you have instability with your machine since the beginning. This is something that can happen. Every machine sent to any customer is tested here but there's always a possibility for a deficient machine to pass the tests. If the records in our client data base are right we proposed you to replace your machine with a new one in december 2009. You should have received at that time a document called RMA (Return Merchandize Authorization) number 10091200040 dated 29 december 2009. The best thing you can do is to use this RMA that is to fill it with the required information, to send it to us. You will then get a token that you can use to ask UPS to take your machine back to Grenoble. Then we'll make a diagnostic and repare your machine if it is doable, but very likely we'll send you a new one as a replacement.
Origin Lead  Developer

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines