April 28, 2024, 12:39:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: White noise (the bad kind that kills your speakers)  (Read 3243 times)

jrm1

White noise (the bad kind that kills your speakers)
« on: June 30, 2009, 01:58:35 pm »
I get white noise, earsplitting loud, bursting out of this patch :RJ Phaser Pad.

I have just one instance running on my Mac Pro 8 core and still I get this at random. The sound doesn't crash the system and the patch steadies itself after this mad burst of shash and plays normally afterwards, until the next time. You can imagine it's hardly relaxing working with this threat all the time.

Does anyone have a clue?

Antoine

Re: White noise (the bad kind that kills your speakers)
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 09:48:15 am »
Had it running for 25 minutes on an iMac, no burst occurred.
Does it happen in standalone or hosted mode on your computer?
ex-Arturian

jrm1

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 11:07:13 am »
Happens in host mode - as a plugin. Have you tried the patch I referred to? It only happens with this one.

WaveTable

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 12:48:58 pm »
I experienced this as well while auditioning the presets. It made me nearly jump out of my studio.

It is really annoying! Sometimes the noise is constant, sometimes it dies away, even with the output on my Motu 828mk turned down -30dB it is loud!

I have just tried to reproduce it, so I can give you a sequence of steps to follow, but to no avail.
I would have played with the previous preset and then the RJ_Phaser_Pad. I usually have the expanded version of the Jupiter-8V window open on the effects page and I nearly always turn the reverb level to zero. I had also altered the phaser level. On the second occasion it played ok for a minute or two, then when I turned the phaser level down to zero...

I hate these intermittent issues, they are hard to explain in a way that allows support to reproduce them.

I do hope Arturia can come up with a fix, I really don't expect this kind of problem at version 1.1.1!

iMac 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM; Motu 828mkII; Mackie Control Universal; Logic Pro 9

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines