April 27, 2024, 05:16:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MMV2 and DP4  (Read 3276 times)

cornicello

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
MMV2 and DP4
« on: November 03, 2004, 04:54:35 pm »
I'm trying to use MMV 2 with Digital Performer 4.1.  Currently, I'm not able to access the patch list from within DP.  Does anyone know of a way of exporting the patch list so that DP can read it?  The patches currently come up as "patch 001", "patch 002", etc.  This is very hard to work with, and it's even harder to tell a classroom full of students to work with!

Surely, there must be a 3rd party program that can fix this?

Otherwise, MMV is incredible!!

Thanks,
Anthony Cornicello

thracks

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
MMV2 and DP4
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2004, 02:12:56 am »
I don't think this is possible with MMV in it's current state. I don't think MMV supports midi patch changes. Why do you feel you need to call the patches up in the patch column of DP? Isn't the browser in the MMV plug-in good enough?
G5 Dual 2.3
OS 10.4.8
Digital Performer 5.11
Live 6.05
MMV 2.0
ARP 2600V
2408 MK3/MK1 PCI 424

cornicello

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
MMV2 and DP4
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2004, 05:57:48 am »
First off, I should mention that I'm using DP 4 and MMV in a classroom situation.  So, part of my goals is to be able to set things up and explain things in a manner that is understandable by my students (college, but not quite experienced).

Now, if I call up one MMV "instrument" and feed to it a MIDI stream, it works perfectly fine.  If I want to have a different sound, I apparently need to use a new MMV "instrument" (not track), unless I'm doing something wrong.  If I do open a new instrument, I can get different sounds, but the program stutters and often freezes.

Curiously, if I do use the patch column, I do get a patch change.  I just can't identify the patch unless I go to MMV and see - it's somewhat "peck and find".  I haven't tried it with two different MIDI tracks going in to the same instrument.

So, my goal would be to have one MMV 'instrument' and several MIDI tracks running into it.

Conversely, I could have my students convert each track to audio after it's recorded in MIDI.  But then, I'm back in the late-70s...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines