April 28, 2024, 10:42:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Wavetable osc : can the waves be controlled by the sequencer ?  (Read 2172 times)

logicat

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi Arturia and forumers,

i tried and i wasn't able to make the step sequencer controlling the Wavetable oscillator's wave (to get, say, a different wave on each step). The connection on the 'table' parameter is not listed in the sequencer's options.
I guess it is impossible right now, i was wondering if this could be too much difficult to implement in a future update or not, since it would make the Origin's excellent sequencer more near to those found on MS2000/Evolver. Thank you

Philippe

Re: Wavetable osc : can the waves be controlled by the sequencer ?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 10:14:54 am »
I guess it is impossible right now, i was wondering if this could be too much difficult to implement in a future update or not, since it would make the Origin's excellent sequencer more near to those found on MS2000/Evolver.

It could be easy or difficult depending on what you want to happen when a switch from one table to the next happens (eg crossfade or not, a crossfade would force us to keep both tables in the DSP memory at the same time which means twice as much memory). We would also have to impose a limitation on the frequency of table changes. Feel free to tell us your mind about this.
Origin Lead  Developer

logicat

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Wavetable osc : can the waves be controlled by the sequencer ?
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 01:05:14 pm »
Thank you for the quick answer. Anyway, i was not thinking about sweeping waves, just having the ability to set a totally different wave on each step...And about the frequency of table changes, it would be fixed to the step sequencer's running speed, since all modulation would happen there (i was not thinking to modulate the waves through, say, LFO, the 2d envelope or other modules...Just through the step sequencer)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines