April 27, 2024, 03:35:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Syncrosoft Junk used by Arturia  (Read 6890 times)

dean

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Syncrosoft Junk used by Arturia
« on: June 24, 2008, 11:08:25 pm »
Well just received today from internet seller Analog Factory 2.0 and as per mentioned in number of topics took me solid afternoon before Syncrosoft bundled junk program decided to activate Analog Factory (though marking it after installation as 1.0 though I paid eur 199 for 2.0   ;D ) !

After that I wanted to install same program to my second laptop but then of course it is not possible because JUNK Syncrosoft authorizes license for Analog Factory ONLY ONCE.

Question would be: what about if that junk program gives Reg Key so that people can reinstall the program they paid for eur 199 !!!

What's gonna happen with my paid Analog Factory when I decide to reinstall my operating system - Vista? Vanish into the cyber space?  ;)

Arturia team managed to protect their software EVEN FROM THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE PAID FOR IT. NONSENSE MATTER!!! WASTE OF MY TIME AND MONEY.

THIS JUNK GOES BACK !!! HIGHLY DISRECOMMENDED !!!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 11:08:43 am by dean »

Antoine

Re: Syncrosoft-Arturia JuUNK
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 11:09:40 am »
Since v2.0, the AF license can easily be transfered onto a Syncrosoft USB-eLicenser hardware dongle (sold separately), like those used by Steinberg or Korg notably.

OS reset: we planned this eventuality, a simple gentle(*) mail to the Technical Support will help better than ungraceful comments on the Analog Factory.

(*) because I am a terribly sensitive person  ;)
ex-Arturian

dean

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 06:03:48 pm »
Well I just got a NEW vulnerable information from Arturia team: now we are additionally expected to buy Syncrosoft USB-eLicenser hardware dongle(sold separately) just in order to be able to reinstall our paid software or use it on another machine ???!!!    ???
Sucha piece of great logistics from Arturia team  :)...and more then all: customer easy 2 use friendly :)

Producer of Syncrosoft software must have had very unhappy, confusing childhood in order to mastermind so elaborate nonsense program...and even more... Arturia who decided to use it ( maybe some percentage in sales involved of "hardware dongle") ?

What about of just having a simple Serial numbers or RegKey given and being provided upon successful first registration(like FL Studio for example)? Or that would be to easy on us poor customers?  ;D

OS reset have been planned as an option eventually, also ? Arturia again amazes with its forward visionary thinking  ?!   :) Maybe it was suppose to be done before product came on market ? And BTW when is it gonna happen in practice for us pour Arturia software masochistic users?

Well AGAIN, let me help you dear Antoine: the software you are selling to your customers, namely 2.0, should be offered as a free beta version following the fact that it is not yet masterminded and you certainly should not be expecting that paying customers do waste their vulnerable time in trying to install it using Syncrosoft nonsense procedure...additionally as per being paying customer every of my remarks is genuinely gentle and highly graceful...just that your customer concept is still not able to comprehend that  :)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 11:09:56 am by dean »

V-Tek

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 10:18:21 pm »
Dean I feel your pain mate, been there. You know the funny thing is AF before version 2.0 use to come with the usb key, then Arturia switched to having the License tied to the computers hardware, before you were even able to transfer it to a usb key, as syncrosoft had not yet released the License control center update to make this possible.

And this update was delayed for months :-\ I heard all this had no effect on previous owners of AF, only new customers like us which just screams illogical. I mean you'd think a company would want it's new customers to have a pleasant and headache free setup.....right???

I,m not sure what was behind Arturia's thinking on doing things this way with AF, but it hurts their sells which again is illogical, case in point I really like the software Arturia makes however after my experience with AF it has put me off to purchasing any other product.

I will say tho if it were not for all of Antoine's help (who I find to be a very friendly and helpful bloke  ;D)  I would have thrown in the towel on AF.  I  recently had a motherboard fail and after installing a new one I thought how much crap is it going to be to get AF up and running again?

I Sent an email to support got a response back from Antoine in a few hours, and i'm happy to say got AF re-installed with no problems and has been smooth sailing (so far ;D)

Anyway Dean just my 0.0.0.1 cent hope they get thing's all sorted out for you , and on a side note to the folks at Arturia who may be reading this.

I really think you should start including the usb key in the box with AF like before, having to spend extra money on the key after the fact to be able to use it on more then one computer (which you KNOW almost all musicians have two computers) is well......LAME!!

V-Tek

dean

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 01:24:04 am »
Hi V-tek...tnx 4 your note of support...certanly appreciated in this battle between good and bad, black and white, darkness and light... ;D

Well your info that USB key have been part of the deal before, but not anymore makes all of this even more schocking...instead of making this software more "easy to use""and customer friendly they are introducing USB-eLicenser as an optional extra ??!!!

I think we could have a bit of look and it may happen that their selling and managing conduct is against EU software selling conditions? I am certain that paying customer, following EU regulations, (elaborating my case..beleive it must be the same case in OzziLand, V-Tek) is protected, in the sense that purchased software must be giving a possibility of reinstalling without contacting any Antoines !!! Hey, this is not OS...Windows. Arturia is genuinely out of any SENSE in this matter.

Concerning Antoine, V-Tek, I do not need to know any Antoine when I buy the software...I just want to easy-install it and run it. Time I have spent to sort out what is the problem, to get in concept of Syncrosoft authorization(visiting their site and getting to know and hear for the first time for USB-eLICENSER...), reading the troubleshooting data-base of Arturia...and so on...is just a major waste of our time and money by Arturia.

There are about thousand safe ways to have program registered and one of most efficient is used by FL Studio using RegKey...time saving, simple, easy=customer friendly.
Why is Arturia using Syncrosoft will probably stayed bounded with mystery for us ???

And our question: how to reinstall our paid and purchased program as per one for all general and "easy to implement"" procedure (without any Antoines again) haven't been answered yet?      ??? ;)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 05:30:58 pm by dean »

timotter9

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 10:55:07 pm »
Since v2.0, the AF license can easily be transfered onto a Syncrosoft USB-eLicenser hardware dongle (sold separately), like those used by Steinberg or Korg notably.

OS reset: we planned this eventuality, a simple gentle(*) mail to the Technical Support will help better than ungraceful comments on the Analog Factory.

Hello Antoine,

I'm they guy who had the hard drive crash and received the following message from you on June 26:
"
Hi Tim,

Please register your copy of Analog Factory, therefore I will be able to issue a new activation code: http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/community/my-account.html

Looking forward to hearing from you soon,

Antoine.
"

I did go out and register my Analog Factory and responded to you the next day.  I have sent you messages since then and you have not replied. 

PLEASE reply, I would love to start using AF again!

Thanks,
Tim

timotter9

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Syncrosoft Junk used by Arturia
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 05:05:37 pm »
I'm very happy to say that Arturia Support got back to me and I'm back up and running!  All I can say is image your whole hard drive, because the day will come when it crashes

dean

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 06:13:19 pm »
Lucky you timotter9...

I have sent that junk software with ripp-of concept back to German internet seller ''Music Store"...they've been sweet in selling, but when they've heard I expect my money back...they just disappeared.

You know...history repeats ;D....don't mention the war ;D...and or ask for the money back, of course, to the Germans ;D.

Well dear readers if you wonna stay without eur 199 or just simply waste it, Arturia products, or at least AF 2.0, are the best place for it.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 10:47:47 pm by dean »

dean

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2008, 06:31:49 pm »

...by the way dear Arturia ripp off guru...be very much certain that on your software boxes in the future you do have clearly indicated to the buyers that they can install that software ,namely AF 2.0, only ONCE !!! On that way they may decide not to open the sealed software box, send it back to the seller and get their money back. This is THEFT!!!

In my case I don't have eur 199 I have paid, neither software !!!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 06:34:06 pm by dean »

Antoine

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2008, 07:08:02 pm »
Hi Dean,

I can understand your deception, even if I did not understand the full story.

Please just moderate yourself (it will avoid us to do so), on this kind of words especially (the WWII allusion and beyond). This is definitely not the place for such poor taste humor, really.  ???

Thanks for your sense of responsibility.
ex-Arturian

dean

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2008, 09:15:15 am »
Does the Antoine mentions "the sense of responsibility" ?

Well dear, as a "responsible software seller" what will you do about the fact that your irresponsible and misleading software sale practice ( by not indicating to the clients on the software sealed boxes that they will have to spend additional money, for USB hardware installer, after buying AF 2.0, in order to install, reinstall their paid software more then ones ) had cost me wasting eur 199 following the fact that neither you neither internet seller "Music Store" wants to refund my money?

What about the clients who have bought AF 2.0 but they don't want to buy additional USB hardware installer because they find themselves "pushed to do so" and deliberately misinformed and consequently riped off by Arturia??? You mentioned responsibility?  :(

My money is gone, that's for sure...and concerning my responsability and sense of humor...have you ever heard for John Cleese btw?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 10:42:45 pm by dean »

dean

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2008, 03:23:13 pm »
Just for record: internet seller "Music Store" finally decided to refund my money.Tnx

No Arturia for me anymore.

Antoine

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2008, 05:25:48 pm »
...have you ever heard for John Cleese btw?
Well, I'm a big Monthy Python fan. May be I was too tired to recognize one of its famous sentences... You did not help me neither.

Just for record: internet seller "Music Store" finally decided to refund my money.Tnx
Glad to hear this.

For the rest, I transferred your views to whoever had to hear them.
ex-Arturian

dean

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2008, 10:53:49 pm »
Thanks for transferring my views to "whoever". Hope "whoever" will have a sense of responsibility to react on, in posts reflected clients dissatisfaction about the matter, and to improve its customer practices. Success.

THEHOPEDEALER

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2008, 11:40:30 am »
Wow, totally been to many places similar. Antoine has been a super help. He has def. held my hand thru my near mentally crippling af "experience" . I only hope for it to be smoothed. I know what the dongle issue is like as well.  I just know that as a company representing Mg-the most stable original and high quality analog synth makers of all time, that Arturia will eventually support and upgrade the product to a useful point, or otherwise reward us for our issues.  I think that was where the "buy one get one" offer came from. Maybe they will just give us more actual presets for it(maybe arpeggiated?), and not variations of.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines