April 29, 2024, 07:56:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Jupiter 8V with Logic Studio  (Read 8266 times)

James Sharpe

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Jupiter 8V with Logic Studio
« on: October 03, 2007, 11:26:16 pm »
1. The 'save as button' in the preset area doesnt work  and causes everything to freeze up, the only way to get around this is to 'force quit' Logic.

2.Ditto for the 'Save As' button on the transport bar

More to come no doubt...

James Sharpe

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 07:59:55 pm »
The Export' button doesnt work, causing Logic to freeze up completely, again 'Force Quit' is the only way to correct it

scoplunk

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Jupiter 8V with Logic Studio
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 01:52:52 am »
Quote from: "James Sharpe"
1. The 'save as button' in the preset area doesnt work...

Hi James,
I hadn't tried this yet with Logic Studio, so I was alarmed when you pointed it out. The good/bad news is that all of the JP8V problems you mentioned in your posts work fine over here. Good news for me, but bad for you. Sorry. Is it possible you have an older version of JP8V than I do? Oops. Probably not. I just checked my AU version and it says it's 1.0. I'm the one with the old version, apparently. OK, let me update and I'll check back...

scoplunk

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007, 02:17:23 am »
Alright, this makes me mad. I thought I'd updated - I HAD updated. Arturia apparently released 1.0.3 but didn't do whatever they were supposed to do let the mac know that this was a newer version. So, if I use Get Info to check the version number, it still says 1.0. C'mon Arturia, it's bad enough that you're neglecting your customers while you're working on another project, but this is just amateur hour stuff that inconveniences us even more.

Anyway James, it appears that I'm not having the same problems you are. Other info: Logic Pro 8, , JP8V 1.0.3, OS 10.4.10, G5 dual 2.3

Good luck...

James Sharpe

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2007, 10:48:08 am »
Alright mate. My set up is slightly different to yours so maybe its to do with the newer macs or os. The Jup version Im running is 1.02, is there a 1.03 update? I cant find it anywhere on the site. From my short time using Arturia, the support seems to be a shambles.

FYI- Logic Studio, Intel Mac Pro 2.66, OS 10.4.10

Im also having probelms with the step sequencer, which tends to have a life of its own, starting when it feels like it rather than immediately after note on

James Sharpe

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2007, 10:52:00 am »
ah, just found it below

James Sharpe

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2007, 10:51:35 pm »
Ive been playing around with altering and saving presets for the last hour and Ive been confronted by a never ending series of freeze ups and screwy behaviour. I bought the V collection last week and havent even tried out the other synths if they're all like this it looks like wasted a serious amount of cash.

303ftw

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Nocturnetus Records
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2007, 11:21:44 am »
Any news about this?
/Robert

madmatt

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Ditto problemo's!!!1
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2008, 12:30:58 am »
pressing save as on the presets bar on Jupiter 8 whilst using it as a plugg in in mainstage causes the program to not respond.

it just makes a poing noise -mac alert type- every time the mouse is cliked. I can still change between applications but can no longer get any function out of mainstage i have to force quit and start again. This does not happen in stand alone version.

madmatt

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
workaround
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2008, 12:45:50 am »
hi i ve found a work around use the logic patch system to save the sound

ie where you would select sounds for logics own pluggs

Antoine

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2008, 12:40:02 pm »
Yep, it's a GUI bug...
Another workaround is to move the J8V window to a screen corner before clicking the "Save As" button.
Anyway, that has been put into the J8V buglist to be cleared for next update.
ex-Arturian

jauqq

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Jupiter 8V with Logic Studio
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2008, 02:44:48 am »
Yep, it's a GUI bug...
Another workaround is to move the J8V window to a screen corner before clicking the "Save As" button.
Anyway, that has been put into the J8V buglist to be cleared for next update.

Which is coming when please? I keep forgetting to move the JP8V off screen when saving, and this bug is seriously annoying me!!
Please fix asap  :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines