April 27, 2024, 10:47:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Why is my miniMg V tuning so bad? Can I change it?  (Read 2976 times)

Jupiter8

• http://www.analogueplanet.com
Why is my miniMg V tuning so bad? Can I change it?
« on: December 14, 2007, 07:54:31 am »
Hi Group,

Has anyone here had this problem, and if so, how did you correct it?  I'm trying to use Arturia's miniMg V for a lead part that sustains in a couple of places.

The tuning just keeps changing.  I have disabled any matrix modulation, I have no controllers causing bend, I've disable all LFOs on pitch - there is NOTHING that should be causing this.  My new Mac Pro has tons of power; I'm not getting close to max-ing it on this track.  Still, the pitch of the miniMg V keeps 'waffle-ing'.  There are no controller tracks in my DAW contributing to this.  It's almost like the software is doing this on its own!

I'm sensitive to pitch, so I may be hearing it more critically than others might.  The pitch change is not 'large', but it's enough to hurt the track.  Is it possible that Arturia's programmers did this to imitate the pitch instability of the original analog hardware?  If so, is there a way to disable this?  Arturia's programmers gave the 'mini' polyphony, and THAT's not authentic.  Can they give it better pitch?  Is there a secret keystroke to give the miniMg V more accurate pitch?

Thanks for reading this and I appreciate anyone's assistance in troubleshooting and solving this problem.

Thanks!

Sweep

Why is my miniMg V tuning so bad? Can I change it?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 11:55:50 am »
Although I generally don't bother with this forum any longer I thought I'd try to help with this.

Is the problem just with this one patch, or generally? If it's just the one patch, if you'd like to post it to me at taoist.hermit1@virgin.net I'll have a look to see if I can work out what's happening.

One thing that immediately comes to mind is that it might be the oscillators. Are they detuned and beating against each other? Anyway, send me the patch if you like, if that isn't the problem.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines