April 28, 2024, 12:10:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MMV ???  (Read 4209 times)

DaveR

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
MMV ???
« on: August 07, 2007, 11:51:23 am »
I just got the MMV after putting it off for so long 'cause it looks to complicated for me. I was right it is! I wanted it for the great sequences it produces, But I'm lost is it as difficult as it looks the manual is like VCR instructions and I'm totally baffaled. Anyone out there who could give me some dummy instructions to get me started. Cheers.

Sweep

MMV ???
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 03:28:57 pm »
Probably the best way to discover a compex synth like the MMV is to explore the patches supplied with it.

Download a patch and try it, then look to see which modules are connected - just follow the connecting cables - and fiddle with the knobs and see what happens.

The beauty of it is, you can't mess anything up because you can always load the original patch up again.

Gradually it'll start to make sense, and you can save anything interesting along the way.

If you have any specific questions as you go, just post them here. But treat the supplied patches as a collecton of suggestions from other users and you'll discover a lot of things. Personally I don't like to use other people's patches, but I've still found the process of entering into dialogue with them useful.

overState2007

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
MMV ???
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 06:09:35 pm »
Until you know your way around, it's best to stay away from it until you really REALLY want a sound you can't get anywhere else.  Flexible envelope routing and plenty of VCO's means flexibility, but it takes time.

A good idea is to listen to music you like that has some clearly audible synths, then try to create an as-close-as-possible recreation on the MMV.  Hell, that's how I learned how to program synths in the first place!
[/I]

DaveR

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
MMV ???
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 11:56:30 am »
Thanks for the advice guys, will play around and see what I come up with maybe I should have gone for the 2600.

DaveR.    
www.myspace.com/syntheticpastures

jeffbart

MMV ???
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 02:25:42 am »
Albeit the manual being in 'the English very strange..' ..it still explains things quite deeply. Sometimes you have to guess the word they've used which often is quite literally correct, but not the best choice..however....

The main concepts I had to discover on my own were:

The outside of an input ring controls how much of the input is being 'affected' by what ever is going into the input.

The 16 channel amp things at the bottom can act like another routing source. Things go into them, and out of them, and the pot controls how much goes out. They also have another input (with the outside ring), which can let you control e.g. vibrato from an LFO with a mod wheel, and the send that all out the amp to an oscillator.

The little strange looking plugs are similar to the jack inputs, but their inputs are selected via right click.

The rest is in the manual.
Load an easy preset.
work out how to add another oscillator
work out how to add vibrato....etc.etc.

good luck.
it's nothing more complex than a miniMg, there's just more of it.
--
jeffrey
cubase 9.0.40
the amazing Modartt Pianoteq
Arturia things
tc electronic konnekt 24d

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines