April 28, 2024, 02:00:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Saving Control Maps  (Read 5148 times)

shaneking

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Saving Control Maps
« on: February 01, 2007, 08:54:44 am »
Hi All,

I can't seem to figure out how to save the controller map settings. I'm sure that there is a way to do it and I'd really rather not have to have it learn every time I want to control it.

Any tips would be appreciated. Arturia's tech support isn't active at the moment.

Thanks...

Shane

bg

• Beta-testers
Saving Control Maps
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 02:26:46 pm »
MIDI Continuous Controller assignments are written to a system file and should remain in effect until changed.  Note that the CC assignments for synth lines 1 and 2 are separate for each of the eight Multi Mode voices.  By contrast, assignments for the so-called performance controls, e.g. Chorus, Ring Mod, Sub Osc, etc., are global and will remain in effect regardless of which Multi Mode voice is in effect.

Are you saying that CC assignments you have made are not working at all, or between sessions?

shaneking

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Lost between sessions
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 06:10:58 pm »
thanks for the reply.

That's right, the control map keeps reverting to cc0, inactive whenever I re-launch either in stand-alone or as a plug in. I haven't been using multi mode, but I am trying to set up for each synth line. I haven't tried the performance controls yet. I am disappointed that there is no default setting other than cc0, inactive. If there were then I would program my x-station to adapt to cs-80.

I've seached and have never found a map for the x-station, that kind of surprised me. CS-80 alone has made me want a remote-sl.

I'll try on another machine and see if the prefs aren't being written properly

shane

bg

• Beta-testers
Saving Control Maps
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 07:16:06 pm »
Well, I'm stumped.  The only thing I can suggest is to make sure the following file exists and is where it's supposed to be.

Assuming PC:
C:\Program Files\Arturia\CS-80V\save\controlMidi
If Mac, do a search for controlMidi

In either case, controlMidi is a text file which contains all CC assignments.  Check the date of this file.  If it's not being updated then for some reason CS-80V isn't finding it.  Perhaps do a reinstall.  That should put things in order.

As you discovered, CS-80V has no default MIDI map nor any provision for loading MIDI CC maps.  It is time consuming, but (when it's working properly) you only have to do it once.  I control the V with a Peavey PC1600 and M-Audio UC33.  Still not enough (!) but at least it covers all the performance controls and the most important synth line contols.

shaneking

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Saving Control Maps
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007, 05:39:05 pm »
Trying it on another machine worked. For some reason the file isn't saveing the changes. I'll just transfer the working file to my main machine. Having real time control is nice.

I'm still not understanding how they could have no way to import a set-up or have a default set of controls. That is a very curious omission.

Shane

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines