April 27, 2024, 04:02:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: i am about to scream! i need help please.  (Read 4834 times)

brandonking86

i am about to scream! i need help please.
« on: December 31, 2006, 09:49:09 am »
well guys... i have spent the last three hours trying to get this program on my computer and its just not working. i just got the new mac laptop for christmas and have 10.4.8 on my computer. when i pop in the miniMg disc and try to install it it ask me to choose an application. and to be frank i don't know what to choose, it doesnt mention this in the manuel at all. i tried to upload it on my freinds mac and it uploaded but then the stand alone quit unexpectedly. so basically i want to know how to get this thing on my computer first and formost and hopefully not have the same problem that i had trying to get it installed on my bandmates computer. thanks so much guys!
-brandon

Sweep

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 12:51:20 pm »
I don't have a Mac, so this may not be much help, but looking at pages 8 and 9 of the manual and considering what you've said it sounds to me like it's offering a choice of location instead of installing by default into the Applications folder mentioned in the manual.

If that happened to me I'd probably create a folder off the C:\ drive and install to that.

I wonder if maybe it can't find the default folder so it's asking you what you want it to do?

Regarding the standalone version quitting unexpectedly, that's happened to me on the PC. It seized up a few times and then crashed out. I reinstalled and that seemed to solve the problem. It's running ok now, anyway.

Hopefully someone with Mac experience will be able to offer something more helpful, but as this forum is pretty quiet I thought I should try to help if possible.

I hope you manage to get it working soon. It's a great little program. I have a Mg Voyager and I still find the MiniMg V useful. And I was talking recently with a guy who recorded some classic MiniMg solos back in the 70s, and he spoke well of the Arturia.

jtolbert

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 03:54:16 am »
I had the same problem. I finally figured out you need to download the update and just install that. It requires you to insert the CD, but installs the whole program.

It's very frustrating they don't mention this anywhere in the docs....

elastic

• Apprentice
installation probs
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 05:46:09 pm »
hi Jtolbert - i'm having the same problem, when you say you need to download the update first, what do you mean?

Which update and where do i go to get it from? is it a mac update or an arturia update or what?

very confused here lol i just can't wait to get my Mg on the go, this is doing my head in at the moment.

Thank you for your help
It's all about the music

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines