April 29, 2024, 04:25:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MIDI program change  (Read 3679 times)

bowserb61

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
MIDI program change
« on: May 08, 2008, 09:37:17 pm »
I've had MMV for a while now and I finally got myself a respectable MIDI controller. Part of the reason I wanted a better controller is so I could change patches just by using one of the program change buttons, and it does that. however, it only changes between a handfull of factory preset sounds and the manual doesn't seem to know a way to change this. First of all, is it possible to assign different patches to different buttons, and if it is, how? Thanks, and sorry for the newbie question.

bowserb61

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
MIDI program change
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 06:16:56 am »
FINALLY got it figured out. For anyone who has the same problem, here's how i did it.

It ended up being more of a hardware adjustment than a software one. I had to program my controller to send a bank message as well as a program message. So what i was getting before was just being stuck selecting patches within bank 1 only. MMV recognizes bank numbers in the order of the list of banks, the first one is 0 all the way to whatever bank you want to select from. The patch number is done in the same way with 0 being the first patch in that bank and so on. So if I wanted to assign a button to call up the 3rd patch on the 14th bank of MMV, I would set that button on my controller to call up bank 13, patch 2.

Sweep

MIDI program change
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 09:53:08 am »
Thanks for that. We really need a central knowledge bank with information like this collected in it.

In the meantime, I'm currently getting a website together (a joint site with Infinite 9ths from this forum), and I'm writing a page on the Mg modular with a section on the Arturia MMV. Would it be ok if I quote this information for that page, and credit you with having done the work to sort this out?

bowserb61

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
MIDI program change
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 05:45:21 am »
sure thing, it should say, though, that the bank numbers actually start from 1, rather than 0, while the patches do start with 0 at the top of the list.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines