July 15, 2024, 06:56:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums



Author Topic: MIDI Control Center bug?  (Read 4117 times)

RalphNT

  • Apprentice
  • *
  • Posts: 20
  • Karma: 0
MIDI Control Center bug?
« on: May 24, 2023, 04:49:08 pm »
It seems that the new release of the MCC (v1.15.0.259) won't allow the use of spaces when naming local templates. I'm using a Keylab Essential. Just me?

TimArturia

  • HardCore4Ever Dev
  • Global Moderator
  • Jr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 67
  • Karma: 121
Re: MIDI Control Center bug?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2023, 10:14:40 am »
Hello !

We do have restricted the spaces and other characters from the template names.
We've done it because in some OS it could create bad side effects that have been reported to our support.

Is it really annoying for you ?

We could think about adding underscores as a backup for spaces.
What do you think ?

adammusicmoore

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: 0
Re: MIDI Control Center bug?
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2023, 09:45:07 pm »
If that is what needs to happen then that's ok, but taking it away without making it clear to users is the frustration. I spent a while searching for a fix.

Clint Goss

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: 0
Re: MIDI Control Center bug?
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2023, 11:41:35 am »
Sorry I updated to the latest MCC version. This is a bit absurd. Looks like only alpha and digits are allowed in a Template name.

When *exporting* a Template to a file system, cleaning up the name (based on the needs of the system) may be needed. But the template in the MCC software should support the characters of the current (or a recent) Unicode standard.

In the interest of greater inclusion, the software community expended significant effort to expand the domain of standard expressible characters to 149,186 (as of Unicode 15).

I'm guessing that this restriction of the latest MCC was a knee-jerk reaction to some special situation ("Quick - patch it before it goes out!"), but this is overkill.

Interestingly, when you import a memory from the device, the auto-assigned name has all kind of punctuation. And when you [Save As], the generated name has an underscore.

Please reverse course on this one ...
« Last Edit: June 03, 2023, 02:50:55 pm by Clint Goss »

 

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines