April 29, 2024, 07:50:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: help anyone regarding key lab transport controlling transport protools mpowered8  (Read 316 times)

johnnyp

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
i have a key lab 49. it works great. I'm using protools . i have had a few snags but figured it out. can someone please please please tell me how to get the transport on the keyboard to control the transport in protools. in the preps. set up in protools. it has gui, motor mix command8 and maudio controller . key lab is not listed. i choose maudio and noticed in the protools transport i could choose protools or mmc however the transport doesn't work. the key lab is showing up in midi set up in protools. what am i missing. i purchased two weeks before christmas. i downloaded all current software. i really hope someone can help me. i read lots of complaints here i am real surprised that everything works quite well on my sys. i just cast get the transport on the key lab to control the transport in protools. the version I'm using is pt8. thanks to anyone that can help me figure this out.

peace. :) :)

« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 06:51:20 am by johnnyp »

Mathieu Arturia

• Administrator
  • Apprentice
The behavior of the Keylab transport buttons recently changed, I suggest you download the latest firmware here:
www.arturia.com/evolution/en/products/KeyLab49/resources.html

Then, in Pro Tools, go to Setup, then Peripherals.
Click on the Machine Control tab, and enable MIDI Machine Control Remote (Slave).
You should not need to add the Keylab in the MIDI Controllers tab.

johnnyp

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
thank you so much. i did get it straightened out. obviously an operator error. i love the controller, it was relatively easy to get going. i have been using it quite regular since i purchased it since christmas. I am have one more slight issue. every ounce i n a while the AUDIO goes out on the whole system. I have to restart protools and all is fine. i was wondering if this is typical in recording digital. i don't think it is a real big deal however if i knew where to go to fix that it would be nice. everything is current regarding firmware and my protools never did that before i started midi recording. oh well I'm sure i will figure it out. it would be nice if it gave me an error message. I am using two maudio 2626 daisy changed. it might be there. but thank you for your efforts. let the fun begin once again thank you

Mathieu Arturia

• Administrator
  • Apprentice
Unfortunately I can't help you with that. It seems to be an issue with Pro Tools.
Maybe you can find help on the Pro Tools forums.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines