April 27, 2024, 06:22:30 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Massive problems after 1.5 update  (Read 3745 times)

CSM

Massive problems after 1.5 update
« on: December 21, 2005, 05:12:59 am »
Hi,

I use CS-80V in Windows 98SE with a Terratec Phase 22 and versions 1.0 and 1.1 work fine. I use the standalone version only, no VST. After the update to 1.5, however, I this is what I get:

- Fullscreen mode is no longer available. The 'window' dragdown menu is missing.
- The top bar is missing some elements. The CPU load graph, for instance, is no longer there.
- The synth is out of tune, around 50 cents flat.
- The parameters on various patches are messed up, e.g. too low filter cutoff.
- I can no longer change any parameters - all sliders and switches are frozen. I can still change the patches, though.

Now, this is a degree of malfunction I wouldn't even expect in a real CS-80. 1.2, by the way, brought the same problems, don't know about the sound related ones, though, because it didn't produce ANY sound and the programme crashed when trying to address it via MIDI. I tried a clean install in a different directory and update to no avail. The version, by the way, is correctly displayed with 1.5.

I will forward this to Arturia as well, but since they're known to be slow to respond to support questions (if at all), I thought I'd first post this here to see if someone has maybe experienced similar problems and solved them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

omissis

Massive problems after 1.5 update
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 10:11:12 am »
Hi
I use it too on Win 98SE but I don't have your problems, even I  must say that once the synth went out of tune but it was with version 1.2. From 1.5 I didn't encounter things of this kind. You may want to control the occasional software conflict or a bad installation ( which sometimes happens with CS80V ).
The differences with patches are annother story: they changed because something in 1.5 was corrected and the original sounds sound no more like on previous version.
Max
Max

a CS-80Vist

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines