April 19, 2024, 08:18:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: New update equal to the new Microfreak update?  (Read 788 times)

Starlitmire

New update equal to the new Microfreak update?
« on: May 31, 2023, 01:59:48 pm »
Ever since the new Microfreak was announced which included a newer update with additional sound engines I have felt disappointed. I had just purchased a new MINI which was supposed the be the bigger more expensive brother but is now in the shadows of the newer MICRO, comparatively. I don't understand why a similar update hasn't rolled out yet to the MINI. As much as I love Arturia and have used their products for many years its the first time I was upset by their business model. There is no sign of a similar update coming to MINI and now I regret getting it over a MICRO. Yay capitalism  ???

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: New update equal to the new Microfreak update?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2023, 11:37:46 pm »
The MicroFreak launched April1 1 2019, the MiniFreak launched October 18 2022, so naturally its firmware is more evolved with its 3.5 years head start.

As you know, the MicroFreak has gotten substantial updates with lots of added functionality. This is possible due to capitalism, whereby Arturia earn money from their products, and then choose to (they don't have to) spend some of that to improve existing products and add more functionality - Yay! ;)

Arturia has mentioned that the MiniFreak will get wavetables, and I'd not be surprised if there is more good stuff in the pipeline for it :)

yaegassy

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2023, 02:25:44 am »
Hi, DrJustice.

> Arturia has mentioned that the MiniFreak will get wavetables, and I'd not be surprised if there is more good stuff in the pipeline for it :)

I'm curious about this. Is there any article or information available somewhere? If so, could you please provide me with the URL?

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2023, 11:28:27 am »
They mentioned it in one (or more(?)) of their MiniFreak livestreams - have a listen here (Sébastien even mentions vocoder there...):

https://youtu.be/rA0ne0u7GDY?t=4358

yaegassy

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2023, 11:37:08 pm »
Hi, DrJustice. Thank you for the information. I hope there will be various updates for MiniFreak soon.

Unlike MicroFreak, MiniFreak has a software version called MiniFreak V. At the moment, it doesn't support MIDI Control Center, and firmware updates are done from MiniFreak V.

We may need to create an additional screen within MiniFreak V itself to manage samples.

Considering the need for adjustments, including the software version, it might be taking some time...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines