April 27, 2024, 10:57:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: V8 instruments which haven't been updated since V9 not install on Ventura  (Read 666 times)

Ben Kei

Hello all,

I have the V8 collection and only 3 of those instruments were updated in V9.
I have this running fine on my old MacBook Pro but recently updated my studio machine to an M2 Mac Mini Pro and none of the V collection will work at all.

I've seen that V9.2 was updated to run on Ventura (the system which came with my new Mac) but even the instruments which are unchanged since V8 won't run, they just cause Logic to freeze when it loads and crash the validation tool.

If these plugs have only been updated for owners of the V9 license then that's a pretty shady thing to do. The software is barely 2 years old for a start and to make something obsolete to owners of newer hardware is really bad customer care. But when 90% or more of the suite is the same between V8 and V9 and yet I can't run any of them at all because I have a V8 license, well I consider that to be genuinely underhand.

I reinstalled via the Arturia Software Centre installer and asked it to install all of the software I have licenses for. The only plugin which passed validation was Pigments. I own a few of the FX individually too, all of them failed the validation - Filter MS-20, Chorus JUN-6, Rev PLATE-140, Tape MELLO-FI.

Are there any known work around for this? Is the software centre installing older non-silicon/ventura compatible plugins? Or have Arturia genuinely abandoned support for software which is barely 2 years old, less in the case of a couple of those effects?

I don't want to have to pay upgrade costs for everything just to regain access to them.

Thanks in advance

LBH

Hello,

I'm on Windows and can for good and bad still run very old applications discontinuet not updated products on the latest Windows OS. So i have no practical exsperience with your OS.
Apple have another policy than Microsoft for good and bad to often not be able to run old applications on new OS's.
At some point discontinuet products perhaps no longer can run on a new Windows or Apple OS. It's just a question about when.

Afaik all Arturias current applications run on Ventura. They also run natively M1 and i assume also M2.
Discontinuet versions can at least run on the OS they were sold to run on.
In your case that in example can mean that CS-80 V3 is'nt updated as it's upgraded to a new CS-80 V4, and Prophet V3 is'nt updated as it's now upgraded to the new Prophet 5V and Prophet VS V. The presets can be used in Analog Lab V, that i believe you also can get for free. But i don't think you can open CS-80 V3 and Prophet V3 inside, if you can't with individual appplications.
All your applications in V8 that's not upgraded are all updated, and they are the same versions as in the latest V-Collection. They should 100% run on Ventura. So be sure you have installed the latest updates.

If none of your V-Collection 8 products work when you have installed the latest free updates, then you have another issue why they won't work.

Ben Kei

Yeah, it seems to be an issue with Software Centre.

I've just uninstalled everything (apart from Pigments, which was fine) and tried reinstalling individual items within the V8 collection, which weren't updated in V9. They validated first time.

So I'm now going one synth at a time, in the hope I can get everything except CS80 and Piano installed and working.

For anyone else reading this, don't try the install all option if you're using Ventura and Logic (I can't comment on other DAWS) because nothing will pass the verification process.
Instead, click into your V Collection and then install each item individually, apart from Piano V and CS80 V as they've been updated in V9.

I'm 5 synths in and all have validated using this method, so hopefully the rest will too.

LBH

Are you sure your ASC issue is'nt about missing OS permissions? Did it install anything at all? I suggest you check the permissions.
In any case - I believe Apple have done something with Ventura, so some have had issues installing stufff, and then applications like ASC have got the blame.

ASC should work on Ventura. And it does for most people having Ventura it look like, as there are few reports it's not.
I can't tell, if there is a to me unknown current error though.

Benkei

It was definitely an issue with the ASC.

I own V collection 8 but not 9, it gives the option to install my whole V collection and when I did so, none of the synths completed the Logic Plugin verification process.

I uninstalled and reinstalled and got the exact same issue again. That's when I first made this post.

When I uninstalled all of them (via the ASC, each one individually via the details tab in my V Collection bundle section) and then installed them individually, it worked fine.
For all but the updated instruments of course.

So I'm guessing that somehow the V Collection 8 bundle, if you choose the option to install the whole thing, rather than individual instruments, links to older files, or older dependencies that don't run correctly under Ventura. But then when installing anything individually, I guess it grabs the latest version, regardless of which version of V Collection you own.

LBH

So I'm guessing that somehow the V Collection 8 bundle, if you choose the option to install the whole thing, rather than individual instruments, links to older files, or older dependencies that don't run correctly under Ventura. But then when installing anything individually, I guess it grabs the latest version, regardless of which version of V Collection you own.
That should not be the case. You should not need to use individual installers, when you get updates.
I suggest you ask Arturia support, if they have an explanation.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines