April 18, 2024, 07:14:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Wait Load for Scenes - At end of measure  (Read 1487 times)

HardScience

• Apprentice
Wait Load for Scenes - At end of measure
« on: May 25, 2021, 05:14:48 pm »
Hello,

I noticed that the Wait Load feature for Patterns has the ability to wait until the end of the measure before it moves onto the next pattern. That feature does not seem to exist for Scenes.

For example, I have patterns with multiple three bar patterns chained together that are arranged in different scenes. When I want to change the scene, my only options for Wait Load are 1 bar, 2 bars, and 4 bars. Ok, so I can go with any of those, but I'd need to make sure that I select the next scene at a specific bar. If I miss it, the song changes mid measure and sounds disjointed and bad.

Why isn't there an option to change the Scene at the end of the measure, no matter how long that measure is? The option is there for Patterns. At the very least, add '3 bars' to the options for Scene Wait Loads. That way I can press the next Scene at any point in the measure and not have to worry about getting it wrong.

Cheers,
Arturo.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 07:34:28 pm by HardScience »

Andrew Henderson

Re: Wait Load for Scenes - At end of measure
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2021, 06:59:08 pm »
Hello,

I noticed that the Wait Load feature for Patterns has the ability to wait until the end of the measure before it moves onto the next pattern. That feature does not seem to exist for Scenes.

For example, I have patterns with multiple three bar patterns chained together that are arranged in different scenes. When I want to change the scene, my only options for Wait Load are 1 bar, 2 bars, and 4 bars. Ok, so I can go with any of those, but I'd need to make sure that I select the next scene at a specific bar. If I miss it, the song changes mid measure and sounds disjointed and bad.

Why isn't there an option to change the Scene at the end of the measure, no matter how long that measure is. The option is there for Patterns. At the very least, add '3 bars' to the options for Scene Wait Loads. That way I can press the next Scene at any point in the measure and not have to worry about getting it wrong.

Cheers,
Arturo.

I too, find it a bit frustrating, to work in this way.  Since each pattern can essentially be set to '4 bars', at 64 steps, there should be a 3 bar option, for those that only use 3 pages/48 steps.  Since we have the option for 1 (16 steps), 2 (32 steps) and 4 bars (64 steps), including 3 (48 steps), would help cover this user case.

Adrien_Arturia

• Administrator
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2021, 10:59:52 am »
Hi, a scene is a snapshot of Tracks state. Which means that scenes can be static patterns or chained patterns. There is no concept of measure for scenes. To quickly resume a Scene does not have a lenght. But I see your point on having this feature.. This does not correspond to how scenes were designed..

However, this request is logged in our feature request data base and if the demand is very high there is a chance that it could potentially be included in the future (no promises there).

Thanks,
Adrien

Reuben Russi

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2023, 09:19:32 am »
I'm desperate for this feature as well... I use all four sequencers for different synths and the scenes act as my verse, chorus, etc etc so not having wait load for scenes is killing my live performances... I have to try and make sure I hit the change bang on the one, which works 95% of the time. 100% accuracy is obviously ideal in a live situation.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines