April 20, 2024, 05:36:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Can I put the Analog Lab software that's on my Macbook on my iPad mini 2, also?  (Read 6529 times)

damnedcat777

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Noise noise noise.
I'm wondering: now that I am expecting my new minilab mk II in the post later this week, can I transfer all my Arturia synth software (Analog Lab) to my iPad mini 2, from my MacBook Pro?  Or do I need to buy the MiniLab mk II software package upgrade that I heard so much about about on You Tube reviews for the Mk II?  I'm guessing, since an iPad and a MacBook Pro are so different looking: NO WAY.  The software for the iPad and the software for the MacBook Pro are two entirely different things..

Am I right?  Also: won't there be an offer in my new Mk II box allowing me to buy the upgrade synth software for, like, 20 or 30 bucks?  And don't I already get like 500 synth sounds to start with on the Mk II?  That alone should keep my busy for weeks.  Anyways, better to learn all this now, before the Mk II arrives.

Lemme know, someone.  Thanks in advance!

STILL LOVE THIS STUFF!
"Why do single coil pickups hum? Because they don't know the words"

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
Hi again :)

you're right the Macbook and the Ipad apps are 2 different things.

In the case of using your minilab mkII on your ipad. You'll first need to buy a "apple camera connection kit". this device will allow you to connect your minilab mkII to your ipad.
Some arturia products have Ipad versions : Mini V3 ( Imini) , Prophet V3 ( Iprophet) , Sem V2 ( Isem) and Spark (Ispark)

For the minilab mkII package, it is delivered with Analog lab 2 lite, a license for Ableton live lite, and a license for UVI grand piano Model D.

If you want to upgrade Analog lab 2 to it's full version, it will cost you 29$/€. You can also have a special offer to buy the whole V-collection

Sure, starting with a synth software which contains 500 sounds , and a lite version of one well-known DAW , is a good start .

Hope it helps,

best,

damnedcat777

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Noise noise noise.
Excellent!  Thanks for the quick reply.  I just can not WAIT for my MiniLab Mk II to arrive (new in the box).  I'm going to get that camera cord today.  I fell in love with the iSpark so much the day I downloaded it that I went out and bought a patch cable to be able to put my iPad thru my p.a. (JBL FoH 15" cabs, JBL floor mons, Cerwin Vegas 18" sub, Crown amps: 1200 watts of LOUD) - it shakes the foundations!  I'm getting awful close to doing what I've dreamed of for years: having the hardware, knowledge, will, and most importantly: the TIME, to do a project all of my own.

I believe I have begun.
"Why do single coil pickups hum? Because they don't know the words"

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines