April 20, 2024, 12:13:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How to work with MiniFreak and MiniFreak V together and local control  (Read 708 times)

kevina

• Apprentice
I think this is a newbie question about local control settings, but I'm still confused on reading the manuals.

I'm going through the video tutorial on programming a sequence in step mode. When I do this with just the hardware connected to speakers it works as expected: I program C, D, E and get C, D, E as the sequence. If I have the hardware connected to my mac running Minifreak V, I get repeated notes, like CDE, CDECDE, CDECDECDE or something like that as the first 3 steps.. as though the sequence is happening twice, once from HW and once from SW.

I've tried all combinations of MIDI local off/on in both the hardware and software settings, but can't find a solution.

Can someone explain what I'm missing, or point me to where I can learn more about this? I'm not trying to do anything specific... just learning the basic features, and I like having the software up so that I can see the visuals.

olimpomarcelo

• Apprentice
Hello, I asked about this feature to the arturia support and they answered me. Do the same, I'm sure they will explain this to you, the tech support is very good.

kevina

• Apprentice
Thank you!

kevina

• Apprentice
I've been back and forth with support several times and so far none of their suggestions (basically resetting and reinstalling things) has changed the behavior.

I feel like I'm just not understanding something about MIDI settings and how to work with MF and MF V linked together. If anyone has pointers to tutorials on these topics I'd appreciate it.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines