April 29, 2024, 09:29:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Midi not working on Audiofuse Studio  (Read 719 times)

stikygum

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Midi not working on Audiofuse Studio
« on: April 27, 2023, 06:49:20 am »
I'm not sure why, but midi isn't being transmitted to my hardware synth. I've set this up many times with other audio interfaces, but I just bought the Audiofuse Studio and am using 3rd party 1/8" to midi adapters with the Audiofuse Studio. I can see in Apple Logic Pro that midi is being sent out of Logic. I have midi Out from Audiofuse Studio going into my hardware synth. My midi channel in Logic is set to 1 and I have it set to 1 in my synth. I was just using this synth with Logic's midi using a Focusrite Clarett successfully, but I'm not sure why it's not working with Audiofuse Studio. (I also have Audiofuse Control Center loaded and working on my MacBook Pro)

Any suggestions of what to try?

TimArturia

• HardCore4Ever Dev
  • Global Moderator
Re: Midi not working on Audiofuse Studio
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2023, 01:37:35 pm »
Hello !

Did you pick-up the right 1/8" to midi adapters ?
There is 3 types of DIN-jack connectors => https://minimidi.world/

You may have the wrong one.

We always use type B in our products.

Hope it helps !

stikygum

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Midi not working on Audiofuse Studio
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2023, 04:11:51 am »
Yeah, you're correct! I just realized that 3 types exist and just bought type B. So now it works. As for Type A, B and C, that seems like a backwards decision for Midi protocol. I don't why all 3 types were made. There doesn't seem to be a reason. This is going in the wrong direction of what Dave Smith/Ikutaro Kakehashi intended. Sorry for the rant.

Thanks for the response and help Tim!

(Currently, I have a weird Apple Logic problem with the Midi tracks not sending midi all the time. It's odd, sometimes midi will only trigger on a software instrument track, sometimes only a midi track, and sometimes neither. This is all while i'm just using a mouse to click between different tracks in Logic in the same session. I'll make a separate thread on this issue.)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines