April 28, 2024, 11:49:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Different AL sounds on different DAW channels  (Read 764 times)

Eric_Dunn

Different AL sounds on different DAW channels
« on: April 24, 2023, 06:14:12 am »
Apologies for the basic question, a refugee from the '80s I'm a digital noob on a steep learning curve.
I have purchased KeybLab Essential 88 which came bundled with AL4 & AL5 (amongst other things) and I purchased Presonus Audiobox USB and Studio One Artist DAW.
My question is:
Can I have a different AL sound on each channel in the DAW?
I have searched through the forums and the manual, and the answer seems to be "no"
My reading would indicate I can only have two sounds at once by creating a Multi Mode in AL, and pitch shifting the DAW channels to accommodate the assigned range of the sound, if I don't do this only one sound at a time is available... but maybe I've missed something.
It seems strange to me that I cannot simply choose AL5 for a channel and assign a different sound, but when I do, it changes all the AL5 channels to that sound.
If this is the case is it possible for the DAW to select different presets automatically through the song?
TIA
Eric.

LBH

Re: Different AL sounds on different DAW channels
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2023, 12:41:37 pm »
Hello,

You need to add a new instance/ copy of an instrument/ Analog Lab for each track you use, if you don't wan't to use the same sound/s set in one instance.
In Studio One just drag another instance/ copy to an empty track space. Then it will work independent from other instances.

Hope this helps.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2023, 12:44:01 pm »
If you mean different tracks in the DAW, not channels, then yes you can. I'm not sure what you have read that makes you think you can't.

Just put a different instance of Analog Lab on each track in your DAW. Each one behaves like a separate synthesizer. The limit to how many you can run at once will be determined by the processing-power of your computer and/or limitations set by your DAW.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

LBH

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2023, 12:47:48 pm »
In Studio One loading a new instance of an instrument will create a new channel (mixer channel), not to confuse with a midi channel.
Channel and track is'nt the same as multiple tracks can be assigned the same channel by using the same instance of an instrument.
When dragging a new instrument  instance to the workspace both a new channel and new track will be created.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 12:55:39 pm by LBH »

Eric_Dunn

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2023, 01:12:30 am »
Well, thank you.
(Doh) I was selecting from the dropdown on the track, rather than dragging a new instance across to the track.
Asked and answered.
Cheers
Eric

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines