April 28, 2024, 09:36:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Mod Wheel Problem  (Read 956 times)

brian Craig

Mod Wheel Problem
« on: April 21, 2023, 03:50:42 pm »
Hi, Group

When I turn on my Keylab 49 Mkll all is fine but when I open a plugin example that uses the mod wheel it does not connect the pitch wheel works with the plugins but the problem is with Mod Wheel please Help and has anyone else had this problem Thanks

LBH

Re: Mod Wheel Problem
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2023, 07:33:07 pm »
Hello,

Not much details you give.
You can only hear anything, if the modwheel actually is programmed to control anything in the sound you have selected.

brian Craig

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2023, 09:43:16 pm »
Question about what You said "modwheel actually is programmed to control anything in the sound you have selected."

Ok here is what I do turn on Mkll keyboard with Logic Pro X
 and I open an instrument plugin that shows a viral keyboard
usually, this is displayed at the bottom of these types of instrument plugins and when I move my pitch wheel I see it move in the viral plugin
but when I move the hadware mod wheel I cannot make the mod wheel move in the viral plugin

Does that help explain better?
Thanks

LBH

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2023, 10:16:17 pm »
Yes i have thought about, if that's what you meant, but that's not very often that's the case, and you did'nt explain like now, So i kept it simple.

I suggest you test the midi output and make sure the modwheel send out midi CC#01. You can use a midi monitor to do that.
You can also try using a standalone instrument outside your DAW to see, if the modwheel work there.

In case your modwheel do send our midi CC#01, and it work with a standalone instrument, then be sure you don't filter out the modwheel messages in your controller setup in your DAW or somewhere else - including in the instrument you use.

In case your modwheel does'nt work in any case, be sure the modwheel is mapped to midi CC#01. If it is, then your modwheel is defect.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2023, 10:21:10 pm by LBH »

brian Craig

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2023, 12:06:06 am »
Ok I look on my keyboard display and I was able to see the CH: Part1 says CC: 1 and as I move the physical keyboards mod wheel I see Val numbers go from 0 to 127

I just downloaded
Midi View
MidiView is a simple MIDI Monitor app to that shows bi-directional MIDI packages that flow through your machine.

https://hautetechnique.com/midi/midiview/

and did what You said and move the Mod Wheel and midi is sending it through so That box is check

then be sure you don't filter out the modwheel messages in your controller setup in your DAW or somewhere else - including in the instrument you use.

how would I do that?  so If I would ask this question on the Logic Pro X Forum how should I ask it thanks

LBH

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2023, 01:17:15 pm »
So the controller work. It look like a DAW issue of some kind.

It could actually also be a control surface setup conflict, if there are multiple setups.

Also Logic perhaps in some workcases require the modwheel to added in on e way or another. Perhaps it does'nt do that or it has failed to do so in a normal setup.

In my DAW i can select midi messages to filter out in the controllers setup. You can check if Logic have the same.
Some DAWs i also think have midi remappers and/ or filters or something like that.
I don't know about Logic.

If i should ask, then i would just tell that the controllers modwheel work and send out midi messages on midi CC#01, but in Logic the modwheel for some reason does'nt work. Add it does'nt move the GUI modwheels.
Are you sure there is'nt excisting information about this issue to be found allready?

If Logic have a midi monitor build in, then i would check, if the modwheel messages is registred by Logic. If not, then it's can indicate a setup issue depending on where in the signal chain the midi monitor check.
Perhaps clearing the controller setups and setup them up again and something like that can solve the issue.

Good luck.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2023, 10:20:28 pm by LBH »

brian Craig

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2023, 01:15:43 am »
If Logic have a midi monitor build in, then i would check, if the modwheel messages is registred by Logic

Now I find it only read midi data through Logics display only if that Midi Vewier program stays open otherwise if I close that Midi Vewier Program no midi data is reading with the Mod Wheel confuse

You said
Perhaps clearing the controller setups and setup them up again and something like that can solve the issue.

How do I do that with the mkll ? do I need to use Midi Control Center program?

LBH

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2023, 02:42:13 am »
How do I do that with the mkll ? do I need to use Midi Control Center program?
Have'nt you setup your Keylab like this in Logic: https://support.arturia.com/hc/en-us/articles/4405748362002-KeyLab-MkII-Tips-Tricks ? (Click Logic.)
If not - then that might be your issue.

bcraig

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2023, 09:10:33 pm »
No I have set up in Arturia Midi Control Center

went to the Control map I mouse click on Mod Wheel in the viral display
The reads under

Mode/control
Channel /part 1
CC Number /Modulation Wheel

So Far now its working Thanks for Your Help