April 19, 2024, 01:27:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: sq80 noise  (Read 2784 times)

mshvan

sq80 noise
« on: June 11, 2023, 12:15:51 am »
Hi,

Well, I promise I searched for an answer but hoping maybe someone has already covered this (my arturia forum search kept choosing all million subjects/products to search)

When making sq-80 sounds, and on some presets, I have some noise. Static-y, but it's kind of hard to describe 'noise', i think everyone imagines something different.

I *think* it's from some authenticity part of the model, I think some other instruments like the DX7 have something like that, to re-create a particular grit or characteristic of the original. I keep thinking that's the case here, but I haven't been able to find a mention of it, or what it may be called so I can get straight to it. Nothing in the instrument programming is obvious enough for me to identify. I've tried isolating wave(forms) etc, to see if it's X waveform(s) that have some kind of noise, or end-tail/release 'nose' but...can't find.

If anyone know and can let me know, I'd appreciate it a lot. I also hope this isn't one infinity-long horizontal sentence because that's how it's showing up on my screen but if I add line breaks it's even worse.

Thanks,
MVH

LBH

Re: sq80 noise
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2023, 01:42:17 am »
Hello,

It would help to name a factory preset that have the noise.

You say it's only on some presets, you have the noise. So it sound like it could be from the effects. It could ie be because a Distortion or a Bitcrusher effect is used.

LBH

Re: sq80 noise
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2023, 07:48:34 pm »
You can ie also check, if the noise come from the waveforms used in a sound. Just to find out what you are talking about.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines