March 28, 2024, 09:43:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Can't leave macros empty  (Read 1469 times)

ASJ

• Apprentice
Can't leave macros empty
« on: January 06, 2023, 06:05:16 pm »
Hi all,

playing with the SQ80 I noticed that you can't leave the four macro knobs in the lower rigth corner empty, without any assignment. If you do, next time you reload the patch you find the default Brightness, Tone, Time and Movement in place

LBH

Re: Can't leave macros empty
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2023, 07:46:33 pm »
Hello,

If i delete the names, then i automaticly get Macro 1-4 names.
If i enter a SPACE, then i get no name.

If you just are deleting the Destinations, then you don't change the names. You can freely name the Macros.

I save the prestes after the correction.

Are you fully updated?

I'm on windows 10. I've tested in standalone mode.

If you still have the issue, then please add a step by step guide of what you do.

ASJ

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2023, 04:29:25 pm »
playing with the SQ80 I noticed that you can't leave the four macro knobs in the lower rigth corner empty, without any assignment

I meant that I cannot delete the assignment and rename the macros to anything (1-2-3-4 or A-B-C-D, it's the same really).

Quite interestingly, if, you delete all assignments and you custom rename all of the macros, save and reload you find the stock macro names and assignments back in place. I verified this is the case for all V-collection instruments I use, except  Prophet-5.

I simply open the preferences menu, I delete everything in the Macro tab and save.

I worked around this issue by leaving one assignment on one knob and setting a flat macro curve so it doesn't do anything
« Last Edit: January 10, 2023, 04:57:13 pm by ASJ »

LBH

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2023, 09:47:33 pm »
I meant that I cannot delete the assignment and rename the macros to anything (1-2-3-4 or A-B-C-D, it's the same really).
Yes i covered that too.
If you just are deleting the Destinations, then you don't change the names. You can freely name the Macros.

I don't have the issue.

(I understand you can access the macros name text fields.)

Again - are you fully updated?

Have you tried to clean the SQ-80 V preferences through ASC? If so have you also tried to reinstall SQ-80 V?
If so and you are fully updated, then i suggest you contact Arturia support.

ASJ

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2023, 07:47:22 pm »
Yes, I am running the latest version.

After some more tinkering I think I finally found the issue. After deleting all macro assignments and macro names, I also turned all macro knobs to value 0. I tried to delete assignments and names without touching the knob value and now it works. I can finally save the patch the way I want. So the "macro settings recall bug" happens only when some very specific conditions are met.

LBH

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2023, 08:46:00 pm »
Strange.
It work here even if i move the Macros first change values or whatever i do - it seems.

I'm on Windows 10.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines