April 29, 2024, 06:16:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Extreme Delay with Analog Lab + Keylab Essential 49  (Read 705 times)

Lars_Iglioth

Extreme Delay with Analog Lab + Keylab Essential 49
« on: April 04, 2023, 08:01:59 pm »
For years I used the keylab essential 49 at home on my computer. Since then I've now moved out to a new place where I instead am using a laptop with considerably more power. But there is still an extreme delay (around 1 second) for my input. I played around with the buffer size but there it says the delay should only be between 10 to 50 ms. Still, however, it takes way longer than that.

Does anyone have an idea why this might happen? Are there any sound drivers that might need updating? The laptop is 5 years newer than my old computer but my old computer handled analog lab just fine.

LBH

Re: Extreme Delay with Analog Lab + Keylab Essential 49
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2023, 10:13:01 pm »
Hello,

Which Soundcard do you use - and which buffersize?

How are things connected?
Using Bluetooth? In that case that can be the problem.

Lars_Iglioth

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2023, 09:05:42 pm »
I apologize for the late response. I tried to check my sound driver list but I'm not certain which one is the sound driver. But I think it's one of these:
- Intel(R) Display Audio
- Intel Smart Sound Technology (Intel SST)
- NVIDIA High Definition Audio
- NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)
- Realtek(R) Audio

Furthermore, the connection is with the wire that I got from the product, it's the USB wire.
For buffersize I have tried all kind of combinations but only at the lowest (480~ samples) is there almost no delay. However anything higher than that, and I get a massive delay. Even though the program says it is only around 40 MS delay, it lasts around 400 MS.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2023, 09:59:35 pm »
I must understand, you use your PC's internal standard Realtek soundcard and not a external soundcard. Is that correct?

Which Windows version do you use?
Don't you have a Windows Audio option?

Please post a screenshot of Analog Labs Audio And Midi Settings with the Device dropdown list open.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines