March 29, 2024, 02:15:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arturia Software Center keeps ignoring custom resources path folder  (Read 717 times)

oonabe

• Apprentice
Hi,

I recently purchased Arturia's V-Collection and installed it on my computer, I always use an external hard drive for audio files to keep my main drive from getting full, but I have unfortunately seen that the V-Collection keeps ignoring the path I've set for resources and installing the heaviest files on my main drive.

I have uninstalled everything, including the Arturia Software Center following the steps in the support section then restarted my PC and reinstalled ASC and as soon as I installed the first content I checked my drives and again the heaviest content was installed in my main drive instead of the path I had set for the resources.

Is there any known solution here or maybe I'm missunderstanding Arturia's description and the resources path isn't the one that takes the biggest amount of space on your drive?

Thanks for any help and nice weekend

oonabe

• Apprentice
after receiving no answer here or through the support form I can only add that I cancelled my purchase through splice, sad that this company ignores customers that much, didn't expect this from Arturia but I guess I can take something positive out of this and it's the money I'll save not buying the V-Collection due to this lack of support from their side

Matthieu_Arturia

• Administrator
Hello oonabe,
I'm very sorry to hear that you experienced such issues.
I've looked for your ticket in our support but could not find it.
On my end i do not have issues like the one you describe, it would have been nice if you could provide more info on your setup.
I'm also sorry if you felt ignored, we try to answer customer as fast as we can.
I know it's too late, because you've cancelled your Vcollection, but feel free to add any feedback or comments to this message.
Kind regards
QA Technician

oonabe

• Apprentice
The issue came after having installed using the default values, so my libraries were initially installed on drive C, then I uninstalled them and changed the path to an external drive (D).

I followed the indications on your website so the biggest files would be the ones that should be moved to the external drive (I really made sure this was the case and I have experience with PCs so I'm 100% sure there was no mistake from my part in this sense). But when I re-installed the libraries they would again be installed on drive C instead D, where I wanted them to be.

I did some research on the internet and it seemed to be a known issue and some people even had to make manual changes in Windows registry editor for this to work as expected, that shouldn't be something the user have to do manually but a task for Arturia Software Center.

I am using Windows 11 on a high end PC.

Also I have to add that I couldn't open a regular ticket because I was paying the V Collection through Splice using the rent-to-own option and Splice won't deliver a serial number until the full payment is done, which is fine, but your website requires a serial number for every simple inquiry, which I think is not a customer friendly practice since you offer your product through Splice but no support for people who are already paying for these products due to that requirement.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 04:37:18 pm by oonabe »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines