March 28, 2024, 08:57:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Minifreak V Arp Rendering Issue  (Read 853 times)

Macaron Afterparty

• Always have a great afterparty
  • Apprentice
    • Music Link
Minifreak V Arp Rendering Issue
« on: March 24, 2023, 01:47:05 am »
PC: Windows 11 x64
CPU: Intel Core i9 9900k 3.60 GHz
Ram: 36GB DDR4
DAW: Ableton Live 11
AI: Presonus Quantum 26x32

I am running three instances of Minifreak V. All with arps being utilized. They all sound fantastic and in sync with each other during playback. No challenges with CPU usage. When rendered, the audio about halfway through the track has an apparent delay or sync issue happening where the arps become unstable and no longer lock in with the beat. My hardware controller is off during the rendering and unlinked to the software. Delay compensation is on in Live (never been an issue before). When I duplicated these three tracks and replaced Minifreak V with Live's Wavetable, there was no longer any delay/sync issue when I rendered the track.
Macaron Afterparty- Gary

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Minifreak V Arp Rendering Issue
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2023, 01:42:15 pm »
When I have issues like this in Logic Pro where the bounced file is different somehow than the project playing live, I always convert the offending midi tracks to audio inside the project and mute the midi tracks, so that the final bounce is basically just playing them as audio tracks. I assume your DAW has such a facility.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

JohnMaynardGainz

Re: Minifreak V Arp Rendering Issue
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2023, 06:26:55 pm »
Similar issue, but mine is happening during playback.

The arpeggiator is introducing delay to a point where the midi notes sound like they're not on the grid.

What's bizarre is that there are no issues when I play an individual clip in my arrangement, but as soon as I play the full track through, my pluck has a very noticeable delay.

I switched to using Ableton's stock arpeggiator with the same settings--resolved the issue immediately.

Troubleshooting this was a pain. I thought my patch had attack on it somewhere or a free running LFO  :-[

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines