March 28, 2024, 06:06:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Macros not working using MiniLab 3 as controller  (Read 2798 times)

jurasick

• Apprentice
Macros not working using MiniLab 3 as controller
« on: June 03, 2023, 12:26:35 pm »
I am using MiniFreak V and MiniLab 3 as the controller. I am not able to control the macros using the two sliders (Pitch bend and Mod) on the MiniLab 3. I have followed all the steps shown in the MiniFreak V documentation, as well as shown in the short tutorials made by Arturia. One of the presets, Crust Pluck, comes with two pre-built macros. However, despite switching to the Macros tab above the two sliders in the GUI, the sliders still work as either the pitch bend or the Mod wheel. The sliders do not make the macros respond. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Srini

LBH

Re: Macros not working using MiniLab 3 as controller
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2023, 02:56:51 pm »
Hello,

I have know idea about what video and text you talk about. I have'nt seen any video's.

Your Pitchbend and Modwheel are reserved. Pitchbend is'nt a midi CC att all and Modwhell use midi CC#01. They do not control the Macros. The Macros are using separate midi CC's.
If you have a look in MiniFreak V's default MIDI Config, then you see the Macros use seperate midi CC's.

I assume when using a hardware Minifreak, that there are a speciel functionality, so you can use Minifreaks Pitchbend and the Modwheel strips when switching to Macro and SEQ, just like the strips work in Minifreak V, if you ie use your mouse to control them. So the GUI sliders should work according to the selection you make, but your controllers Pitchwheel and Modwheel will not.
Have you seen Pitchwheel and Modwheel control the Macros when using a midi controller?

jurasick

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2023, 12:32:03 pm »
Hello,

Yes, this video shows explains and shows it. It shows the pitch-bend and mod sliders also double-up as macro controls when in the appropriate macro settings.

https://youtu.be/7KapzwOTk9s

And the presenter suggests this can be replicated with the MiniFreak V using an external controller (in my case, the MiniLab 3).

LBH

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2023, 01:21:13 pm »
Where excactly in that video do you hear any suggestions that you can use any controllers PitchWheel and ModWheel to work the same way? I did't hear it spending time to watch the video.

It would be great, if it worked that way.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines