March 29, 2024, 09:29:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Switching CC assigment of rotary speed  (Read 1633 times)

CC assigment not working

Switching CC assigment of rotary speed
« on: December 05, 2022, 04:28:12 pm »
I am trying to use a foot switch to control the rotation speed on my B3 V2 organ. I am using FL Studio, and I have checked that the switch works by linking it to an on-switch in my mixer, where it turns on and off when I press the foot switch and states that the button is controlled by CC11. In other words, the switch pedal is compatible with my keyboard, it runs on the correct CC and it WORKS. However, when I try to MIDI-learn in B3 V2, I take away the assignment of having the swell pedal on CC11 and try to connect the switch for the rotary speed to CC11 instead, but it just won't work. No matter what I try, it just won't connect to the switch pedal. I tried writing 11 manually and I tried using MIDI learn but I can't get it to work. It also refuses to connect to any other MIDI CC except from CC1, even when I use an empty MIDI config.

Am I doing something wrong or is this something that just can't happen? It's really inconvenient to be forced to use CC1...

LBH

Re: Switching CC assigment of rotary speed
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2022, 07:28:16 pm »
Hello,

I have just tested the newest update. And i can assign midi CC#11 to the Leslie Speed switch. I can even assign Aftertouch to the switch. AT apparantly is assigned as an extra midi CC namely midi CC#128.
Midi CC#64 is reserved for sustain, and there may be others that's reserved. Reserved midi CC s can't be assigned.
But i've tried severel midi CCs that all can be assigned and work.

Which version do you use?
Have you tried in standalone mode? I suggest you try.
Can it be something in your DAW, that prevent what you are trying to do?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines