April 28, 2024, 07:09:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: AnalogLab with sound, but just a piano on DAWs AnalogLab track  (Read 714 times)

J.J.

AnalogLab with sound, but just a piano on DAWs AnalogLab track
« on: February 22, 2023, 05:53:18 am »
Hi everyone.

I'm a total newbie. I bought a MiniLab 3 and everything seems to be working fine. However, when I put the AnalogLab plugin on the ABLETON track, select the instrument in AL that is playing and switch to the DAW I can still hear the selected instrument from AL and the piano sound in the DAW at the same time. When I record, the sounds are selected, but it does not play any sound.
I should add that I've been struggling with this for the second day and I've tried probably everything.

I'm using Direct driver (can't configure AISO), Windows 11, Speakers connected to Dell dock, keyboard directly to computer.

Yokashin

• Apprentice
Re: AnalogLab with sound, but just a piano on DAWs AnalogLab track
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2023, 04:30:13 pm »
EDIT: I registered on the forum, so it's me again and not the answer.

I am already home and still experimenting. I made some screen shots to better explain my problem.
I should add that in Analog Labs, if I change the channel from ALL to 1, there is no change - even after restarting the program. 

LBH

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2023, 09:02:58 pm »
Hello,

I don't have a Arturia controller and i don't use Ableton Live.

But i think the extra sound you hear is the "Microsoft GS Wavetable synth", that you have enabled in your Ableton Live Preferences.
It's not about Analog Lab at all.

If you have followed the guide on Minilab 3 product Start page here: https://www.arturia.com/products/hybrid-synths/minilab-3/start - Click the Blue Button "Start Now".

- and then also have followed this guide: https://support.arturia.com/hc/en-us/articles/6283884020508-MiniLab-3-DAW-Integration - under "Please find our dedicated guide for Ableton Live here." Download the guide using that link.

- then everything should work.

As default setup it look like you only should have "Track" enabled for Midi Port "MiniLab_3 Input (MiniLab3 MIDI) and disabled anything else you have enabled in Lives Preferences.

Hope this helps.

Yokashin

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2023, 05:25:53 am »
Helped.
Additionally, just to be sure, I reinstalled Analog Lab.... and everything works :) Now it's time for some work and efforts....
I can see that a few more things will come out, because, for example, now when I switch banks of pads between A and B only plays the first 8 sounds.
I'll study the manuals (although I don't usually do that)  :-X
Thank you very much for your help! Bless you!  :)

LBH

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2023, 05:32:44 pm »
Good.

I think it's a good thing to look through the manual.

Also much can be learned just by looking in Arturias Midi Control Center (MMC).

It can both inspire and prepare to solve possible issues doing so.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines