April 26, 2024, 12:19:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Minilab 3 integration questions  (Read 850 times)

Differentsky

Minilab 3 integration questions
« on: February 16, 2023, 10:28:05 am »
Hello there,
I've just bought a Minilab 3 and I'm having a hard time integrating it to my system. Info is very hard to come by and is scattered everywhere on the web, it's a very time-consuming. I'm trying my luck here! I'm a Mac / Live 10 / Reason user.

-Is Minilab 3 mainly designed to work with Live 11 ? Cos I'm still running Live 10 and very little is happening. For instance, when I hit "key" in Ableton, and I move a knob on the Minilab to assign it, nothing happens. I'm stuck with no way to map whatever I want to the minilab.
With Ableton's vst instruments, I do find mapping is already there, but the knobs do not respond well, the movements are very unstable.

-I'm trying to control my Korg Minilogue with the Minilab. They do communicate, I can play the Korg on my Minilab keys, but I cannot get the Midi control center to "see" the Minilogue. I'd like to assign a few controls of the Minilogue to some knobs/sliders or Minilab. Is it even possible to do that?

I might swap this for an mpk if all this happens to be a dead-end...
Thanks a lot for your feedback!

Hans1000

Re: Minilab 3 integration questions
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2023, 07:09:28 pm »
control center can not see the minilogue (different company). You have to dive into the minilogue manual, finding the cc value and type the value manualy in the control center software

BenjL

Re: Minilab 3 integration questions
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2023, 09:09:38 am »
Hi Differentsky,

Did you manage to solve the integration of MiniLab 3 and Live 10?

I am currently having the same problem. Live 10 does not recognise MiniLab 3 as a Control Surface and none of the MIDI controls work within the DAW (Ableton does detect incoming MIDI signals though - although these signals do nothing).

I have been trawling through the internet trying to find answers, however I have not found anyone (other than you) who has posted about Live 10 and MiniLab 3 controller integration. (I have emailed Arturia and Ableton but have no had a response from either yet).

Any help is hugely appreciated!

Thanks

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines