April 28, 2024, 12:46:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: ASC repeatedly alerts about an update over and over  (Read 607 times)

geek4u@gmail.com

ASC repeatedly alerts about an update over and over
« on: January 27, 2023, 02:29:31 am »
Everytime ASC (arturia software center) has a new update, the app causes windows to show a notification/alert every couple of minutes and it will not stop until you update whatever items have available updates. I don't want to entirely disable notifications because its helpful to know when updates are available but having it repeatedly nag about an update (which also plays a ding sound!) is a real productivity killer and distraction when trying to work on music production.

I do have the preference for app set to "Update notification: One".

LBH

Re: ASC repeatedly alerts about an update over and over
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2023, 05:55:12 pm »
Hello,

(which also plays a ding sound!)
That's why it's a good idea to disable Notification Sound in Windows Notifications Settings.
Actually it's a good idea to disable all alert and system sounds, when using a computer for audio production.

That said, then i'm not sure about how the ASC Notification "Once" work. I agree it sound like it only should show a single time in total - at least for a session. Do you respond to the notification, when you get it, to tell you have seen the messages?
I don't recall if this have annoyed me.

Please keep in mind, that posting in this forum is'nt the same as contacting Arturia support

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines