April 29, 2024, 02:11:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Annoying pop between every note in glide mode, or played legato  (Read 680 times)

snowcreative

• Apprentice
Annoying pop between every note in glide mode, or played legato
« on: February 25, 2023, 12:57:23 am »
Hi. New to Pigments here (just got version 4). I'm testing in be recreating a patch I've set up in both Surge and Vital. Using the same wavetable, I notice that there is an annoying slight pop at the beginning of every note played legato. Surge and Vital don't do this; the note transitions are completely smooth. What's going on here? There shouldn't be an attack between notes that have a glide on them. I checked other presets that came with Pigments, and the same thing happens there, it's not my wavetables. Anyone else notice this?

There is the same pop, or click, at the end of single notes if I set the release to be 0, so it seems the note cutoff between legato notes does the same thing. In Surge, the same click can be heard at the end of single notes when release is set to 0, but even so there is no click between legato notes, even with portamento completely off.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2023, 01:48:49 am by snowcreative »

LBH

Re: Annoying pop between every note in glide mode, or played legato
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2023, 07:33:54 pm »
Hello,

Do you mean Retrigger?
Have you in the Right panel/ Settings - Preset settings - Play mode set to "Legato"?

snowcreative

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2023, 03:32:26 am »
Ah. Yes, I had it on mono. Didn't notice "legato" was there in that setting. Thanks.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2023, 04:09:54 pm »
Your welcome. Good that was it.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines