April 27, 2024, 09:06:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab mkii / Analog Lab  (Read 551 times)

vivalajaxon

• Apprentice
Keylab mkii / Analog Lab
« on: December 19, 2022, 04:31:06 pm »
I just upgraded from a Keylab Essential to a MkII 49. For the life of me I cannot get Analog Lab mode to work properly. The unit is detected and it recognizes presets that I pick within Analog Lab using my computer / mouse. And it does output the audio. But on the Keylab itself, the jog wheel, encoders, and faders do nothing.

DAW mode works just fine in Logic- but when searching Analog Lab as a plugin for an instrument, the same problem happens. I can pick the sound, but no hardware integration from the Keylab.

I never had this issue with my older Essential and my new Minilab 3 is mapped perfectly to Analog Lab.

I've followed everything in the manual and looked everywhere online but I'm having trouble finding someone with the exact same problem. I'm sure it is something small I am overlooking, so I appreciate your expertise!

I'm running the latest verison of Analog Lab V on macOS Monterey.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2022, 05:34:56 pm by vivalajaxon »

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Keylab mkii / Analog Lab
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2022, 10:04:12 am »
There is some confusion it seems regarding what Analog Lab mode is designed to do, because you are probably the third person to ask something like this within the last two months. I believe mostly it revolves around a basic misunderstanding of MIDI and how it works.

Your controller can only map its midi controls (buttons/sliders) to one 'device' at once. In this instance, the device in question is a virtual one: a DAW or Analog Lab. If you close-down Logic, open the Analog Lab standalone app and set your controller to Analog Lab mode, its buttons/sliders should automatically map to controls in Analog Lab. But that won't necessarily happen if you open Analog Lab as a plugin inside a DAW: the mapping arrangement between your DAW and your controller will take hierarchical superiority, no matter what mode you select on the controller. When you open Analog Lab as a plugin in your DAW, it's basically a 'slave', doing whatever your DAW tells it to. Some basic functions from your controller will be passed through to it via your DAW (keypresses, sustain pedal, expression), but mostly, the data from the buttons/sliders will be intercepted by your DAW, which will either ignore them or apply them to its own controls. This is 100% normal behaviour.

Let me know if I have completely misunderstood the problem.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

vivalajaxon

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2022, 10:22:00 am »
Thanks for your response. Yeah, I understand all of this. My issue is solely with the standalone Analog Lab app, with Logic closed and completely out of the picture. Again, I get audio, but no functionality on the hardware. It’s not happening automatically nor with any settings I have known to try. My Minilab syncs up automatically with full functionality when I plug it in.

I guess I wasn’t fully clear about logic- when I do have it open, all of the hardware controls on the Keylab work there- faders, knobs, transport, etc! In standalone Analog Lab, I got nothing :(

LBH

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2022, 09:14:23 pm »
Hello,

If you have both MK2 and Essential set up as midi device in AL standalone, then may i suggest you try to disable Essential? Perhaps two AL mode controllers make a conflict?
If MK2 still does'nt work (when also selected in AL midi config perhaps - i don't have a Arturia controller), then i will guess you have a faulty MK2.
But i suggest you contact Arturia support in any case, to find out if it's possible to use multiple AL mode controllers at the same time.

Just my thoughts.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2022, 09:16:29 pm by LBH »

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2022, 09:46:40 am »
Maybe try deleting both controllers MacOS in Midi Control Centre and try re-installing them again.
Also if you have more than one controller plugged in at one, Analog Lab can go a bit screwy because it sometimes doesn't know which controller it should be 'listening' to.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines