April 19, 2024, 12:40:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: No aftertouch when using PolyBrute Connect  (Read 1138 times)

jfandersson

No aftertouch when using PolyBrute Connect
« on: August 30, 2022, 07:23:54 pm »
Hello!
I have not found anyone else writing about this, so I am guessing I am missing something obvious.
I am using Cubase Pro 12 (have also tested this with Cubase Pro 11).
If I put PolyBrute Connect on a track and record some MIDI, it works. Both notes and aftertouch-data get recorded.
But when I play it back, the aftertouch is not getting through to the Polybrute. If I instead use a normal MIDI-track routed through PolyBrute MIDI, the PolyBrute reacts to the aftertouch. So it kind of seems like the aftertouch is stuck in PolyBrute Connect and not sent to the synth.
I have tried other VSTs (Arturia Pigments, for example) and it works fine. So it can't be some global MIDI filtering going on for VSTs.
Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing? Is anyone else having this problem?

/Fredrik

Sean William

Re: No aftertouch when using PolyBrute Connect
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2023, 12:47:01 am »
I have been having this issue too for a long time and thought that it was something to do with my midi controller at my desktop... but I just ran the same tests and got the same results. Have you found any solutions?

StudioDeutz

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2023, 02:51:21 pm »
Hello!
I have not found anyone else writing about this, so I am guessing I am missing something obvious.
I am using Cubase Pro 12 (have also tested this with Cubase Pro 11).
If I put PolyBrute Connect on a track and record some MIDI, it works. Both notes and aftertouch-data get recorded.
But when I play it back, the aftertouch is not getting through to the Polybrute. If I instead use a normal MIDI-track routed through PolyBrute MIDI, the PolyBrute reacts to the aftertouch. So it kind of seems like the aftertouch is stuck in PolyBrute Connect and not sent to the synth.
I have tried other VSTs (Arturia Pigments, for example) and it works fine. So it can't be some global MIDI filtering going on for VSTs.
Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing? Is anyone else having this problem?

/Fredrik

Did you contact the support for filing a report?!
They are very willing to take on bug reports - despite some other companies....
I bet there is an update in the pipeline just now. You might get detailed information.

SWilliam

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2023, 07:02:35 pm »
I sent a ticket. Will see if they reply....

rrr123

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2023, 07:56:33 am »
I was having this same problem in Ableton Live, and I found a workaround. I'm not familiar with Cubase but perhaps it will give you an idea. See my post on the new forum, here:

https://forum.arturia.com/t/cannot-play-back-channel-aftertouch-in-ableton-live/862/2?u=rrr123

Basically I added an extra MIDI track, then routed the CC data from the Polybrute Connect track to the Polybrute via this extra MIDI track. This got the aftertouch to play back properly.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2023, 07:58:54 am by rrr123 »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines