April 20, 2024, 03:41:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Polybrute note stealing ignoring new notes VCA attack?  (Read 708 times)

justaquestion

• Apprentice
Polybrute note stealing ignoring new notes VCA attack?
« on: August 21, 2022, 12:53:21 am »
Is anyone else aware of the note stealing of PB being known to ignore attack settings on pads with long attack when new notes are played/sequenced in DAW? I've notived that when it can not handle more polyphony on pads, the latest note being sequenced/played tends to ignore the long attack and play with much lower attack - especially higher notes.

Easy to produce, if anyone could be so helpful?

Put on 100% attack, 65% release, 100% sustain, preferrably with either VCF closed a bit and than press the hold button, make a three note chord on the middle of the keyboard and than another three note chord relatively quickly near to the previous one way before the attack is all the way up, and than press any button on the highest octave and see weather or not the new high notes seem to ignore the attack completely? I'm on latest firmware

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: Polybrute note stealing ignoring new notes VCA attack?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2022, 11:40:32 am »
What you're hearing is the stolen voice continuing from the volume the envelope for that voice had already reached. This is the way an analogue envelope usually works. If you perform the sequence you describe fast, you'll hear that the stolen voice does grow slowly in volume from where it started.  BTW, no need to make 2 triads, just hit 6 keys, then almost immediately hit the 7th key - it will then start from a very low volume. If you play that sequence slowly, the stolen voice will already have grown to a considerable volume which makes this more obvious
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 11:00:00 pm by DrJustice »

justaquestion

• Apprentice
Re: Polybrute note stealing ignoring new notes VCA attack?
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2022, 02:35:57 pm »
Thanks a bunch - now I get it.  ;D

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines