April 28, 2024, 11:24:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: arturia keylab88 mkII not working with Windows 11  (Read 757 times)

m3prod1234

arturia keylab88 mkII not working with Windows 11
« on: July 21, 2022, 04:32:07 am »
Hey everyone,

I've been searching and searching and I know this topic has come up a lot.  But, either I'm not understanding or the "solution" doesn't work for me.  I haven't been able to use my keylab 88 for over a year (when my windows 10 updated it stopped working and now I'm on windows 11 still nothing).  To start off, I am not a tech person, so I apologize for my lack of knowledge.  I hook my keylab88 to my laptop and it is recognized by the computer.  When I go into my DAW (Studio One) it's there as an option for controller.  I click on it and it consistently gives the error message FAIL TO OPEN KEYLAB 88. I've updated firmware, uninstalled and reinstalled all Arturia programs, removed and readded it to my DAW, and drivers appear to be running fine in device manager.  My Yamaha Digtal Piano loads as a midi controller no problem, so I'm at an absolute loss.  I've contacted other Windows users I know and they don't have Arturia controllers.  Customer support has been silent. It did work for me when I first installed it in a previous version of Windows 10 which makes me think it's something to do with the updates.  I'm seriously at a loss and I'm just thinking of completely switching over to MAC because I'm so frustrated.  If there's any help out there, please let me know.  Thanks everyone!

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: arturia keylab88 mkII not working with Windows 11
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2022, 02:51:02 pm »
Welcome.

It must be something to do with the combination of your machine + Windows 11 + your DAW + the controller.
The only things you haven't tried are a different DAW, and a different PC.

You've proven:
Your machine + Windows 11 + your DAW + another controller = success.
Your machine + Windows 10 + your DAW + KL88 = success.

I've seen a few posts across different forums claiming recent updates to Win11 have screwed-up the connectivity with certain external hardware, and it can be a nightmare finding anyone to take responsibility, not least because, PCs being PCs, someone else can come along running the exact same release of Windows on a different motherboard + processor, and everything will get along fine with the same external hardware.

As for the Mac...well once upon a time in terms of 'plug it in and it just works', it was all rosy in Mac-land, but even that's not as smooth a ride it once was since Apple's transition to their own chips in 2022, mostly because third-party hardware and software developers have been slow to transition. Exhibit A: various threads on this forum by disgruntled AudioFuse owners using computers with only USB C sockets who currently can only use their AudioFuse as a door-prop.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines