April 28, 2024, 02:20:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Glide does not work for arpeggiator or sequencer!!!  (Read 944 times)

larioso

Glide does not work for arpeggiator or sequencer!!!
« on: May 10, 2022, 07:34:17 pm »
I did a test like this
- init preset
- turned up glide a little bit so obvious when playing manually
- lit Arp and hold button and take a chord
- possibly adjust rate to be 2-3 notes a second, and gate knob as needed

I don't get any glide at all.

Same with a sequence.

Or am I missing something?
- I saw some notes on slide in manual, so not sure how that works

Anybody get this, or?

modalmixture

• modeswitching
Re: Glide does not work for arpeggiator or sequencer!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2022, 09:23:56 pm »
I'm not sure if glide works with the Arpeggiator. However, it does work for sequences, but you must use the buttons in the matrix to add glides to individual notes.

larioso

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2022, 09:59:16 pm »
Thanks.

Just don't get why it should not work.

I will test tomorrow on some other synths how that is.

So far I just use arpeggiator to run notes having two hands free to tweak knobs and stuff.
But would be cool to get glide even for a that.

Read up a bit on the nice play notes in order entered, pattern and that and it could make that something I would use in future.

larioso

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2022, 10:39:40 am »
I tested on
- Prologue-8 and no portamento for arpeggiator by default 'auto' portamento, but setting to 'on'(edit button 6) it works too
- Nordlead 2X portamento is working by default

I think it is very neat with portamento/glide working there too. I had one sound like a glockenspiel and it became whistles kind of, really cute.

I don't know if it takes a lot of processor power to generate glide for voices, on top of every thing else.
Many stellar options in PB for arpeggiator anyway.

I remember looking into REV2 gated sequencer thinking of getting one and they had issues reported on forum where slew thingy were clear steps in pitch, not smooth. They have 4x16 gated sequencers and one row is occupied if entering slew on another row.

So PB is alone in skipping glide in arp unless is setting like on Prologue exist.
But you can do it by modulation for sure. I use ENV 3 a lot for some pitch envelope stuff.

So something similar in PB sequencer I believe, where you enter a slide in a position, will see if that is smooth or steps like for REV2. That will be when deep mining more into sequencer.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 11:11:52 am by larioso »

StijnNotStain

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2022, 01:56:58 pm »
I agree, having the Acc and Sld available on the Arpeggiator as well would be cool as hell  :D

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2022, 03:13:18 pm »
I agree - it would be good to have glide in the Arpeggiator - perhaps even programmable together with accents in the top two rows, since there's a matrix page for the arpeggiator already.

However, we can use the Matrix Arpeggiator. The drawback compared to the standard arp is that it plays a fixed number of steps as set by Seq Length, but we get the slides, accents and custom patterns.

Edit: Feature suggestion submitted to Arturia; both straight up glide and glide/accent programmable for the arp, similar the matrix arp. If more people do the same (using the tech support function on the website) the chances of it being implemented increases :)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2022, 03:21:30 pm by DrJustice »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines